Chapter 19: Constant Conflict

-3rd POV
-Outside John's House

"Get back! Take one more step and I'll kill her!" He threatened, which caused Y/N and John to obey.

What could they do here?!

"Both of you, deactivate your abilities and tell your friend to take down this barrier!" He demands, but both Y/N and John deny such.

Y/N: "If you kill her, you're basically good as dead as well." He states, but the intruder presses on.

"You think I'm joking?! Don't test me! I couldn't give a shit if she lives or dies! The fact of the matter is, I'm disposable, she's not."

That hits both Y/N and John. Knowing that, this entire thing was planned.

"His life is valuable too! So, deactivate your abilities and take the barrier down!!"

It looks like negotiating won't be able to help the two, so John turns back to Arlo.

John: "Arlo! Take your barrier down!" He asks, but Arlo is amazed at the sudden request to do so.

Arlo: "Are you out of your mind? The moment it's gone they are escaping-"

What cuts Arlo off from talking anymore is John's wink, and Y/N's is slowly being clothed tightly.

John: "Well, do you have any better ideas?"

Y/N: "Arlo! If we mess this up, Seraphina's life will be taken!" With the two of them speaking, Arlo denies.

Arlo: "No. I know what I'm doing!"

John: "Arlo? Are you fucking serious?!"

"I don't have all night! Hurry it up." He says, pressing the knife more at Seraphina's neck.

This catches Y/N's attention, and his attitude changes.

Y/N: "Hey...who made you boss of us?" He asks, and the intruder is blown back by his tone of voice.

Quickly, Y/N's fist turns into a finger gun, as he shoots out a pressurized blast of Cursed Energy at the intruder.

It came at him in sonic speed, blowing him back the barrier and loosening his grip of Seraphina.

Y/N then blows off the smoke emitting from his finger as if it was like an actual gun.

He's done his part, now Elaine runs across and enters the field which Arlo allows her to do. She then grabs Seraphina, surprised at the fact that she's still asleep after all of this.

Using the window for attack, John launches at the intruder and give 4 major attacks that deem them unconscious.

He then gets atop of the intruder, holding their knife and then stabbing it into their chest, hearing a loud yell of pain, it grabs Y/N, Arlo, and Elaine's attention.

John: "Hey, wake up! I'm not done with you yet!" He says, clutching them tight.

Y/N: "J-John! That's enough-!" But Itadori's comment is quickly dismissed.

John: "You piece of shit! I told you not to touch her!" He growls out as he goes in for another stab, causing another loud yell at blood spurts all over.

This causes Y/N to to run over and grab his shoulder, but before he could see anything, the van's engine begins to emit a loud sound.

It's about to crash into Arlo's barrier.

As it drives into the barrier, it makes a large crash sound, causing Arlo to spit out blood and clutch his chest tightly.

As the van backs up, it completely breaks the barrier and aims for John.