Chapter 23: News Leaked

-Itadori's POV
-JC and Itadori's Dorm

JC: "...well, there was Cecile, when you dipped and they needed a new jack, they decided it should be Cecile."

Y/N: "Wait, I'm confused, so how did it become Blyke?"

JC: "Apparently, Seraphina had said something from her ace position at the time. If anything, I fear that Blyke has grown considerably strong to be the strongest male in Wellston."

Y/N: "Haha. Funny. I exist."

JC: "You're a myth. A legend people lived to tell the tale of. Nobody wants to hear anything coming from an ex-Jack."

Y/N: "Hey! I'm a god-tier! The only who rival me are Seraphina and Arlo!" I say, having to remember the fact that Sera no longer has an ability.

JC: "Blyke has a lot of potential, by the end of the school year, he could eventually reach your status. But it's all a theory. A Wellston theory after all."

My phone vibrates, and it's from Remi. A text message really. Ever since that date, we've been texting each other and meeting up with each other more often now.

JC: "Ah...your girlfriend texted you?" He teases, but I just send a text back and put the phone back than on the table.

Y/N: "She's not my girlfriend..."

JC: "Friend?"

Y/N: "Eh...I don't know. It's...complicated."

JC: "What's so complicated about your relationship with her! You guys literally went on a date three days ago!"

Y/N: "Two days ago actually."

JC: "That makes your case even worse! Either you ask her to be your girlfriend, or you sit in the queen's friend zone! One or the other!"

I could respond to that actually, because he's right. I have to play this right. By accident I managed to score a nice date with Remi and she wouldn't mind going again.

But if I lose this special temporary bond we have, I might lose all progress of actually calling her mine.

JC: "Plus, if you do manage to get with her, the hierarchy will shift big time, and that will piss off Arlo."

Y/N: "Oh for god's sake you actually follow those hiercahies?"

JC: "What? I like to have decent knowledge of it. Think of it like this, Remi, Seraphina, and Arlo share a tier. Let's call this...the Holy Trinity."

Y/N: "Very blasphemous don't you think so?"

JC: "Whatever, and below the Holy Trinity you have the high tiers, and the single god-tier which is you."

Y/N: "Hey! Why am I not at the top?"

JC: "It's based on influence. Arlo's at the top because of the fear he spreads, Remi's there because of her title, and Seraphina is there because of her pure ability. Everybody else doesn't really fear you to be honest, Y/N."

Y/N: "Yeah, because they're not supposed to? Why would I give them an reason to fear me anyways?"

JC: "My point exactly. Even though you were an ex-jack, people will still be willing to strike fights with you. Say, if words gets through that you're dating Remi, an entire new tier will be opened up and exclusive just for the both of you. Only at that point, you two will be known as the strongest couple in Wellston."

He states, it sounds nice, but then again Remi might not be considering a relationship as of now. And after all, he doesn't know about John's ability to spread fear and his power.