Splinter In The Blind Man's Eye (9)

"Hey again!" I say, popping up out of no where.

The entire cast lets out a large groan. 

"So, your telling us, you disappear on us for SIX WEEKS, and now, just when I was PLANNING on playing a video game, YOU SHOW UP?!" Jay asked.

"Well, yeah."  I say, typing something up on my computer that I spawned out of thin air.

"Also, seriously, what is your TRUE name? You've told half of us your name is cosmic, and the other half your name is Anu!" Someone shouts. 

"Well, their both my name, I guess. You can call me anything." I say. 

"Anyways, it's time for another chapter of-"

"Splinter in the blind man's eye. Yeah, we know. You've skipped a lot of weeks." Cole says. 

"I know, I know. Anyways, here's the chapter!"

A silence thicker than the opaque ice sculpted door that stands mere inches from us fills the brittle wonder that is the legendary Hanging Temple. As I attempt to make sense of the situation and muster up a cohesive thought, my comparison is quick to loudy ponder on his own. "Wh-wh-what is it?" 

Kai: Yeah, tha'ts a really good question.

Clancee queried, sounding certain I would even have the slightest idea. Alas, my knowledge mustn't be as broad as Master Wu claims, as I find myself unable to answer Clancee's simple question. Not because the symbol carved into the looming doors is one unfamiliar to me. I've seen it time and time again plastered on Zane's numerous white gi's. 

The ninja and Garmadon all stare at Zane as if he had just sacrificed himself in order to protect all of ninjago from an ancient evil blob thingy.

Zane: What? I have nothing to do with this!

I even recognize it from my long-winded session with Wu, in my attempts to familiarize myself with the oldest generations of Elemental Masters. But what is it doing all the way out here? So far up north and so high up the tallest mountain, purposefully hidden in one of Ninjago's most overlooked structures. It almost feels like some cruel joke... coming all this way, chasing a mystical entity with the ability to bend and change the course of the future and here I finally am, pursuing a selfish and foolish desire, faced with nothing but this symbol and the lack of a single inhabitant within this temple, I'm left to ponder again... has this ascent been all for nothing? Has this been a fruitless venture? Is the Wishmaster even real? "M-Master Lloyd? Is everything a-a-alright?" Clancee questions. Realizing I hadn't spoken a word in minutes, I do my best to accurately respond to my insecure ally. "It's the symbol of an Elemental Master of Ice. Every fighter entrusted to protect and defend Ninjago with the element of Ice." Clancee gaze shifted back to the semi-opaque doors once again, not sure what to take away from my response. "Ice is one of the four elements of Creation", I continue, "the very essence inherited by my uncle, gifted to him by the creator of Ninjago himself. My brother Zane currently holds the mantle as Master of Ice, has done some time now.. wish he could see what we're seeing right now." 

Zane: Do not worry, Lloyd. I can see it just fine.

Realizing I have just given Clancee a history lesson once imparted on me by Wu,

Kai: Sounds like Sensei's teachings have gotten to Lil'Lloyd.

 my eyes shift focus to a string of unreadable text, one Clance nor myself can make out in the slightest. "Wh-what does it s-s-say?" Clancee asks, hoping I'll be able to answer. "I'm not sure..." I respond, "...I can't say for sure, but it looks like it's written in the old tongue, the language in which Master Wu's oldest scrolls are written."