•𝗗𝗲𝗮𝘁𝗵'𝘀 𝗗𝗼𝗼𝗿•

A/N: This chapter was meant to be one huge one but I split it into two parts just to stretch the book out a little more, though we're only half way through 😂

•🗡•

Vince's POV, 31st December 2004

Nikki was so weird today, even weirder than usual... I had an awful feeling in the back of my head and in my heart but I trusted him... maybe I shouldn't but I do... he wouldn't do anything stupid and betray me like that, he wouldn't... he... he just wouldn't.

But then why say the things he did? The things he said to me weren't something you'd say in a normal situation, maybe it was just me overthinking it but I've just got a bad feeling. I didn't want to leave him, I wanted him to come with me but I kinda figured when he didn't come and get dressed when I did that he wasn't going to be joining me.

Worrying over Nikki has been something that's come naturally for me, it's what you do automatically when you love someone but worry crossed with hopelessness is a combination overwhelming enough to drive you crazy- I wish he'd let me in, I wish he'd just let me see into his mind, let me understand what he's thinking so I can help him.

The entire drive to my parents was silent, I didn't bother to put on the radio- I was too distracted, I was hardly focusing on driving, I'm surprised I made it to my parents house alive if I'm honest, but I guess I got lucky.

Pulling up at my parents place was not as simple as it should have been, I didn't really want to be here without Nikki, with the feeling in my heart right now that something was seriously wrong I couldn't focus on being here in the slightest, but Nikki knows I'm trusting him, so that's what I'm relying on, hoping this feeling was just my imagination running wild.

I got out of the car and went towards the front door, gently but loudly knocking on the wood- I then waited for the door to be answered which it was within a a thirty seconds of so, when it did open I was greeted my my mom who's face lit up into a bright smile "Vince" she smiled pulling me into a hug.

"Hi, mom" I grinned, having to slightly force it but for the most part it was a genuine smile.

"How are you?"

"I'm alright, where's dad?"

"In the living room, go on through" she says with a nod towards the room in question, closing the front door behind her as I made my way into the living room where my father was sat on the couch watching TV.

"Yo" I say as I entered the room, looking at the TV briefly as I entered the room curious about what exactly he was watching.

At the sound of my voice my dad turns and smiled "Ah, Vincent my boy, how was your drive here?"

"It was okay, a bit dull but okay- how's your day been?"

"It's been good, had to put up with your mother's bitchin', that's never a dull moment"

I laughed a little and sat down on the couch "Well, at least y'all are talking... I miss getting bitched at" I sighed, no my mom and dad didn't know about Nikki's state of mind right now, they knew he had mental health issues but weren't aware how far they went, with the self harm and god knows what else goes through his head, or if they suspected it they never talk about it to me.