00.ㅤtoo young to go to jail.

ㅤㅤㅤLucifer, the pride of the heavens, loved by all creation- loved by all creation indeed.

But as a figure stood before her in all their glory, with eyes so piercing that it was pulling her closer, (Y/N) realized she might have been loved a little bit more than she was supposed to be.

There was a small sound of pain that she emitted as she fell to her knees. Her body instinctively curl over, protecting herself from the menacing figure.

"Stop pushing me," she muttered from her position on the floor. "I can't do it..."

From the far corner of the mind, she knew that it would be useless to ask to let her rest, to be less violent.

"Every choice I made... was so I could have you- my masterpiece. You dare defy me?"

The figure raises their hand.

━━

Ever since (Y/N) was little, she could see them- the monsters festering in the dark. Her parents never got any sleep from the screaming and wailing she would do when she was nothing but a newborn child.

Then she got a little older, the crying ceased but the disturbances continued. But instead of bloodcurdling sobs, she would stare at the darkest corners of the house with nimble hands threading together in the air like performing an elegant piano piece.

Her small form sat huddled on her bed as the creatures sat around her, wailing and tormenting.

There were screams, the sound of bones breaking, the ripping of muscles, the tearing of flesh, blood splattering and the rotten stench of death permeated in the air.

It loomed over the child like a cloud of darkness as someone from outside cried out for a salvation that only death could permit.

What was the cause of this dreadful symphony playing in her ears?

Outside, inside, within- she could not tell where the agonizing songs of slow death were coming from, she could not tell whether it came from the monsters or not.

But she kept moving her fingers.

Eventually, her feet carried her forward towards the mangled corpses, she didn't care who or what it was, she simply wished to confirm the state of their bodies for herself.

The demonic creature stared, sinking dowm beside another one, the sickening grin plastered on its face slowly got disfigured and it howled in harmony with its companions.

"Good night."

━━

"A-Are you sure you want to go in there, Gojou-san?" The nurse's words sounded more like a plea than an actual question as her fingers clung to her uniform. "That child, they say she is- is cursed!"

What an ironic choice of words she strung together despite her obvious obliviousness. The woman couldn't see the curses that clung to the (H/C) haired kid's small form, almost obscuring her completely, nor could she see the shroud of doom radiating from the room.

"That's precisely why I'm here, miss." The white haired man, Gojou announced brazenly, shooting the woman a cheeky wink as he pushed up his glasses before stepping in to the room.

The temperature seemed to drop drastically as their breaths came out as wisps of fog. (Y/N)'s fingers continued to play together in pleasing harmony, but otherwise, she remained unmoving as the stranger approached her.

Who was he? Was he real? Could anyone else see him? Monster? More monsters? But he looked so human. Voices, words- he was speaking words. The noises coming out of him were not guttural growls or disembodied screeches, they were intelligible sounds strung together so eloquently.

"Do you need something, mister?" (Y/N) was polite but she forced the words out of her throat, her pupils fixed on his figure.

The white haired man only grimaced momentarily at the sight of the child, although his eyes were filled with unbridled curiosity as he analyzed her.

Blue eyes behind dark frames watched the curses crawl all around her, some maniacally screeching in pain, others attempting to burrow into their own skin to escape the strings wrapped around them like a noose.

Wait- strings?

The (H/C) haired child was pulling on red strings with detailed movements, fingers nimble and effortless as she played with the curses like puppets.

Questions raced through his mind. Why were so many curses drawn to her? It was as though she had a strong magnetic pull on them and she seemed to be indulging on the way the creatures twisted and turned in her strings' death grip.

No- that's not it all. The curses weren't drawn to her.

She was drawing the curses towards herself.

And she was toying with them like her own little playthings.

But as soon as he opened his mouth to ask, her hands, in one swift motion sharply tugged against the red strings and it eradicated the curses festering in the room.

However, the strong cursed energy that caused the room to become the icebox that it was did not disappear. It radiated off of the child like a beacon of malice, seeping off her skin like tar.

Gojou has faced a lot of things in his life so far, and honestly none bothered him a lot, the incidents he has faced were a variety. But it wasn't often he would struggle with a situation.

He tilted his head and stroked his chin as he took in the appearance of the young girl in front of him. "Hmm... When they said to take care of a pecuilar child, I didn't think they were serious!" His curious expression instead morphed into a happy one, the corners of his lips twitching up into a smile.

The eyes of the girl in front of him, however, only stared at the albino without a response to her little comment. They bore right into him and Gojou chuckled a little as he scratched his cheek with his pointer finger. "Not much of a talker? Well, that's fine! Kids your age can be shy anyways-!"

"Do you need something, mister?" She only repeated her questiom from earlier and continued to stare at the man with that gleaming (E/C) eyes of hers.

Gojou crouched to be on level with the short height of the unknown child. "Okay, little girl, I know this might be very hard for you to hear but your parents-"

"Are dead?" The young girl replied bluntly, gazing into the man's unique shade of eyes that were peeking through his glasses.

The white haired man didn't expect an answer like that from the her, expecting her to stay silent again and hear what he has to say and maybe cry once he finished delivering the news- but that wasn't the case.

Her (E/C) hues averted somewhere towards the room, seemingly unbothered as she thought about something. After a few seconds later though, there was an odd smile on her face, and athough her eyes squinted, the smile doesn't reflect on anywhere else besides her lips.

She had eyes as open and honest as any child, but doesn't radiate comfort and safety. It was frozen over like the surface of a winter puddle, robbing it of warmth.

"I know. I saw them last night," was the simple response, tilting her head, the innocent smile not leaving her. "While you're here, can you get me breakfast, mister? They didn't give me any and I'm really hungry now."

Out of sheer disbelief and utter surprise, Gojou can't help but laugh before he placed a hand on top of her (H/C) hair and ruffled it lightly. "Well then, nice to meet you, I guess."

She only sat still as she let the man ruffle her hair before casting her eyes downwards, looking at her hands with the crimson threads with an unreadable expression on her face.

Gojou peered down at her, his hidden eyes narrowing a little at the young one. Yes- those good for nothing higher ups, assigning a special case to him to watch over. A child, none the less, to be used by their disgusting hands.

An absolute prodigy, a special case, named (L/N) (Y/N).