Chapter Four

Italic: thought

underline: absolutely nothing. Just wanted to underline it for no reason

~AUSTIN now uses It/Its pronouns! I have my reasons.

ETELED POV

I yawned and rubbed my eyes with my hands. The sun shone brightly in my face, blinding me. I blinked a few times to get used to the light before looking around. Where was Sam? I slowly got up and stretched. Looking around and processing my surroundings. Things were scattered across the clearing or ripped to shreds, and a horrible smell lingered. Like rotting human flesh and dead meat. Dark crimson liquid dripped from blades of ripe green grass.

Wait... Was that blood? He quickly shot up from where he was sitting and raced as fast as he could along the blood path. He ran, leaving clouds of dust from his 'shoes', until he skittered to a stop, looking at where he had ended up. It was the same clearing from when the boy found that strange glittery stone. The trail stopped there. He quietly hid among the bushes and held his breath. Sam was there, along with... some strange hooded bird creatures. They were discussing something in clicks. Probably a code or something. Back to Sam, she had been knocked unconscious, her head and leg bleeding slightly. She was wrapped in thick ropes.

I felt something poking my side from where I was hidden and looked towards it.

"A-"

"DoN't TaLk, IdIoT! ThEy'Ll SeE uS." Hissed Austin. Its stupid 3D body was covered in scratches and it looked like it hadn't slept in a few days, in which the reason was it barely needed to sleep like the stupid rat it was. "What are you doing here?!" I hissed at it. I knew it would have probably been here, but I had not expected to find it so soon. "I fOuNd ThEsE WeIrD AsS BiRd ThInGs FiGhTiNg sOmE OlD gUy In ThE hEaD, sO i'M WaTcHiNg ThEm NoW. WoNdEr WhY tHeY tOoK tHe KiD, tHoUgH..." He whispered. I nodded, twisting my body to stare at the clearing.

The birds had gone silent at this point in the plot. I quickly held my hand out to CM, an attempted sigh to say 'Be silent'. It got through his drywall head. I fully processed what he had said and looked around, trying to find the old guy he was talking about. I saw him silently sneaking up behind the birds, and proceeded to drive them out of the clearing and get himself dizzy. He fell to the ground from stupidity and dizziness and didn't wake up. He's either dead or fainted. 

Forgetting about the guy, I quickly ran up to Sam, stepping over his body. Those birds... are horrible at tying knots. Even I couldn't untie it, and I was amazing at untying things. I glanced over at CM, who was busy being tall and bumping into tree branches while trying to make its way here. "CM, could you help me with these stupid ropes? Those birds are horrible at tying things." It stared at me before nodding and quickly making its way over here. It knelt beside me, glaring silently at me the entire time. It ripped the rope with its sharp claws, and the thick rope fell to the ground with a thud. Sam opened her eyes slightly, mumbling incoherent words. She suddenly jolted awake, flinching from her wounded leg and head. "Ow, ow, ow ow..." She held her head, winking from the pain. "My headddd..."

"Sam, are you okay?" I questioned worriedly. CM just sat there criss crossed with a stupid blank look on its face, staring into... somewhere. "Mh... Yeah..? Hi, Eteled. Hi, CM..." She mumbled. Both of us waved at her. She suddenly snapped her head to CM so quickly, I swore I could hear a crack. She stood up and pointed and accusing point at it, a dramatic look on her face. "YOU! HOW DID WE GET HERE? DID YOU DO SOMETHING-" She quietly yelled. It shrugged. I looked away anxiously, not wanting to get involved. But I decided to anyways.

"What should we do now..?"

"Good question! Figure out the deal with those kidnapper crow skeletons, and forget the old guy lying unconscious on the ground." Wait old guy? I glanced at the person on the ground. That old guy. 

"We could leave him there," I suggested. Everyone was nodding and mumbling in agreement. I got up and stretched. Now realizing Sam has a stabbed leg. "Sam, do I help you walk?  You're leg is kinda..." She stared down at her leg awkwardly and slowly nodded. I picked her up by her left arm, which was the side the broken leg was on, and supported her on that side (I have no idea how that works). CM slowly got its lazy ass off the ground and stood there with its arms crossed, waiting to leave. I nodded and started walking, Sam limping on her leg, and CM following from behind.

=THIS CHAPTER WAS REDONE ORIGINALLY THE KIDNAPPER WAS AUSTIN BUT I COULDN'T GET ANY IDEAS FROM THERE.=

-re-edited 2022-01-28-