18 - An Unfortunate Situation

Rahis couldn't move. Every bone in his body was cold as he felt frozen in place, extremely aware of who he was in the room with. He had no doubt the situation he found himself in was intentionally created.

"I'm sorry for not telling you." Prince Rodier said quietly.

Rahis shook his head. "You had no responsibility to tell me. I am just a servant, sire."

He felt a rough hand grip his chin and pull his face up, his eyes stayed down though, not meeting the other's. "Don't do that to me, please." His voice sounded scratchy, desperate. "After all we've done together and you can't even look at me? Can't even ignore my title and just say my name?" He was hurt. Rahis allowed his gaze to drift upwards, into the wet eyes of the prince. It hurt him too. He'd seen the prince scream out in pleasure, been the cause of it. He'd been with him at his most vulnerable and felt great surges of affection. He was surely going to die. "Please, is there a way to get back to what we were?"

"Nothing should've ever happened between us. It would be best if we went our separate ways now... Rodier." He tested the name out, feeling strange on his tongue. What was perhaps even stranger was the use of his name without his title, it was something with a harsh punishment that Rahis found himself waiting for.

The prince looked at him with a small smile, sadness seeping away. "Maybe it would be best, but I'm quite stubborn with what I want." Rahis could feel the mood drastically changing. The prince leaned forward and captured his lips with his own. Rahis made no move to stop him, although the fact that he was being kissed by the crown prince was freaking him out greatly. The prince pulled away seconds later, a bigger smile on his face and mischief in his eyes. "What is your name?"

"My-my name?"

"You know, what people call you."

"I know what a name is." Rahis said, annoyed before realizing his mistake and replacing his annoyed expression with a neutral one, remembering who he was talking to.

"Then tell me yours."

"Why are you so desperate to know?"

"You know mine, it's only fair." The prince said, his face pouting. "Please. I'll do something for you if you tell me."

"Do what?" His voice was challenging and teasing.

Prince Rodier didn't say anything, but got to his knees, making Rahis' eyes widen. The prince reached out, untying his obstacles before taking his reward in his mouth.

To say the servant was unaffected by the vision of such a beautiful man he cared for deeply sucking him down there, crown glistening on his hair, would be a completely false statement.

He was a complete mess by the time Rodier had finished, wiping his mouth with his sleeve, his eyes sparkling and a smile on his lips. He knew he had broken the servant down. "Rahis." He breathed out. "My name is Rahis."

Rodier blinked. "Really?" Rahis nodded. "Oh, I just imagined your name starting with an M."

"Disappointed?"

Rodier matched his teasing tone with his own. "Oh, only a little bit."

"Well I guess that's fair. I imagined yours to start with a W, so we both end up a little disappointed." Rodier smiled at that. Rahis matched it, before his eyes flickered upwards again and his smile faded. "This doesn't change the fact that this cannot happen."

Rodier's smile dropped too. "It can though." His dark blue eyes stared deeply into Rahis'. "I care more for you than I ever had for anyone else. I cannot, no, will not, lose that. I had no idea that I needed you until you just wandered into my life and I won't let you go." His hand tightly gripped Rahis'.

Something that had been quite unstable inside Rahis finally broke down. "If we are to do this, no one can find out. And I still have to be able to do my duties for Prince Joelin."

"And I must still do mine." Rodier said, a smile back on his face. "But I will find time for you." His hand loosened and moved up and down Rahis' arm. "You go down to the servant's quarters every night to sleep, right?" Rahis nodded. "How about instead of doing that, you just come to spend your nights with me in my room?"

"The other servants would suspect something is up."

"Let them suspect, not in a hundred years would they guess you were with me."

Rahis smiled and nodded, his chest getting warmer with anticipation and copious amounts of affection. "Am I correct in assuming that the room we spent the other day in isn't really your room?"

The prince laughed. "Of course it isn't."

"Then I have no idea where your room is."

"It's not too far from Joelin's. I'll stick a paper through a crack in the door to let you know it's mine."

Rahis nodded again, excited for the night that was to come, not yet dreading how he'd slip away without Camayla getting suspicious and asking questions.

"Where are you going off to?" Just as he suspected, Camayla was questioning him.

Rahis felt every thought leave his mind as he struggled to think of an explanation. "I, um, I just have something that I need to do."

"What?"

"Just something." He said, giving a small smile, leaving the hallway before she could ask any more questions. Thankfully, she didn't follow. When he got in front of Prince Joelin's room, he slowed his pace, eyes darting around trying to find the right door. Camayla showed him where everything was within the first week, but he only bothered committing places he'd need to memory. He could have never have predicted needing this room. A few doors down, he saw a small slip of paper sticking out a little below eye level, closed between the two doors. Smiling, Rahis walked up to it, hand hovering by the door. Would knocking be appropriate or should he just barge in? He was clearly expected, so just walking in shouldn't be too bad. But what if something was happening in there? What if the prince was talking to someone else or hadn't sent his servants away yet? What if he was doing something personal like changing? Rahis smirked to himself, that wasn't something he should worry about. Knocking would probably be safer though, although if there was someone in there it would draw attention to someone who they might think was just a servant doing their job. Rodier could already be sleeping too and it could wake him up.

Convincing himself that just walking in was better because if someone else was in there he could just pretend that he was doing his job, and if it was a servant was delivering a message from Prince Joelin, he carefully grabbed the paper and pulled it free before pushing the door open slowly.

The door glided open without a sound.

He stepped in and looked around wide-eyed.  He had thought Prince Joelin's room was grand, but this one was bigger and had more expertly scattered about it. Priceless trinkets littered the shelves and walls. It was amazing. Rodier sat at his table quite a distance away, head down, working on some paper, not having noticed him yet.

With a smile, Rahis walked up to him and wrapped his arms around his shoulders.