forty eight

It's match day. Canada vs The Netherlands.

I woke up a lot earlier then the rest of the team this morning all because this whole contract situation is weighing down on my mind. I just don't know what to do and i don't know how i'm going to pick.

Manchester city
Childhood club
Love the fans
Love the team
Love Gareth
And i love playing for them.

Arsenal
First club in England
Love the team
Love the fans
Love Jonas
And i also love playing for them.

If i wasn't thinking it through i would pick city because i support them and i would pick Arsenal because of Leah but i can't do that. I can't. This is for me and my future. This isn't an easy decision that's for sure. I told myself i wasn't going to tell anyone about this situation apart from keira and lucy who already know but i need to talk to daan and viv. Viv left Bayern for Arsenal, i want to know how she made that decision. I need to ask her how she decided. I won't tell them, i'll just ask.

******

It's been a few hours. Everyone is up and ready, everyone is just chilling. We have a few hours to kill before the game so i agreed to meet up with daan and viv at a local cafe. The team weren't too happy but i told them it was urgent, which wasn't a lie because it is. I can't stop thinking about this whole situation and i can't focus on anything else. I went to the cafe and met my favorite dutches.

"heyy"
i said as i sat down and joined them

"excited for the game?"
viv asked with a smirk

"yeah. Ready to beat you"
i said smiling

"not a chance kid"

"we will see daan, we will see"

"anyway enough football talk. How are you doing?"
daan asked

"what do you mean? I'm good"

"i mean with janine"

"oh, we spoke, only briefly last night but nothing really apart from that. Everything has been fine to be honest"

"that's good to hear!"
daan said smiling

"yeah. Viv can i ask you something?"

"anything kid"

"you were at Bayern for a few years. How did you make the decision to leave?"

"let me tell you something it wasn't easy"

"well, how did you do it"

"I guess i wanted to try something different. I wanted to try in England"
Great, that's no help. Both teams are in England for me. Ugh viv...

"any other reason?"

"not really. I did what i thought was best for me and my career"

"how did you know what was best?"

"i didn't. I went with my heart. I knew Arsenal were a top team and i was going to win trophies and i knew playing in England would take my game to a whole new level"

"what if your heart doesn't know?"

"why are you asking all these questions?"
daan asked

"it's nothing. Just wondering i guess"

"it's fine kid. Look, decisions like these aren't easy to make, they never are and at the end of the day it's up to you. Let's say for example Arsenal want you on a permanent deal but city want you to extend. That's a tough decision just by looking at it. Both teams are in England and both compete for trophies each year. This would be something only you could decide, you being the die hard city fan you are would probably deep down want to extend your stay but you need to think with your head, would that be right for you? Can you become the best player you can at city? These are the type of questions you would need to ask yourself. It's not about your love for people or clubs it's about you and your future. What would be best for you?"
viv said. She really does have a way with her words when she wants to