Part 1

They were heading back from a long call. They had been working on the apartment fire since around 6 pm, and it was currently 3 am. Everyone was spent and ready to get back to the station.

Andy was driving the engine, Maya sitting in the passenger seat with Vic and Travis in the back.

"I call first shower when we get back," Travis said, looking around the truck, "And I will fight anyone who says otherwise."

Maya was about to answer when all of a sudden, it felt like the engine exploded on the passenger side, right against Maya's door.

Ben and Dean, who were in the aid car behind the engine slammed on their breaks, completely unable to believe what they had just seen. A car had, somehow, skidded and hit something, flying through the air and hitting the engine on the passenger side before flipping backward.

"Aid Car 19 to dispatch," Ben said, grabbing the radio as Dean took off toward the engine, "Engine 19 was just hit by a car. Requesting additional aid cars and assistance to this location. Five or more possible injured."

As Dean and Ben were heading to check on everyone, Andy was trying to assess the situation.

"Hughes, Montgomery, Bishop?" she called out, able to get her seatbelt undone, a lot of smoke filling the cab.

"I'm here," Vic said, undoing her buckle, "What the hell happened?"

"I'm not sure," Andy said, "I think a car hit us. Trav, Maya, you with us?"

"Yeah," Travis said, coughing, "I'm here. I can't move though. The seatbelt is jammed, and my arm is pinned."

"Just hold still," Andy said, trying to find the radio, "Maya?"

Andy looked over, struggling to see her friend through the smoke.

"Bishop," Vic called, all three of them starting to panic at the lack of response, knowing the impact had been on her side.

"Guys," Dean said, coming up to the side of the engine, "Are you all ok?"

"I am," Andy said, looking at Dean.

"Herrera, you are bleeding," Dean said, seeing a laceration on Andy's arm and head.

"Trav is pinned, Vic is good, and we can't see Maya, but she's not answering," Andy said, looking at Dean.

"Ok," Dean said, trying to assess if he could start getting his friends out, "Vic, let's get your door open and you and Herrera can get out."

"I'm not leaving Maya until we can get everything in place to get her out," Andy said, shaking her head, trying to figure out how to get to her friend.

Dean decided not to argue with his superior, getting Vic out. There were already other crews starting to arrive and the smoke was starting to clear, letting Andy see her best friend a little. The blonde was pinned by the door, a laceration in her head. She was also clearly unconscious.

"Miller, I've got eyes on Bishop," Andy called, "She's out, but she's got a pulse and she's breathing. But we are going to need tools to get her out."

"On it," Dean said as he helped Vic down.

"What happened?" Vic asked, stumbling as Dean helped her down, looking dazed.

"She already asked that," Andy said, looking at Dean, "She needs a concussion assessment."

"Copy Herrera," Miller said, guiding Vic to an aid car that had just arrived.

"I think I might be able to get myself out if I could just get some leverage," Travis said, pushing on the piece of metal that was on his arm.

"Montgomery, just let them do it," Andy said, "It will be safer. Maya, Bishop. Come on. Time to wake up."