two slow dancers, last ones out </3

Leon PoV;

I heard a low thump across the room, and woke up, it was sort of scary, Sayaka was on the floor, wrapped up in her blanket. I felt bad because she looked sick, and so I went over and picked her up, I'm not sure if she was awake or not but she definitely needed comforting. I ended up just putting her in my bed, and cuddling her, I hadn't know what else to do.

It's weird, because as soon as I had fallen asleep, I had the dream again, from years ago. The one with the field, and the singular rose in the middle. It somehow got sadder, and I wanted to cry in the moment. But I couldn't. Water started coming down, getting directly in my eyes.... It stung. It was colder than ever, and I collapsed, it raining down, when I felt someone trip over me, noticing the suddenly familiar shoes. Sayaka, she was the girl from my dreams. Why was it so much clearer now, but in that reoccurring dream? I always ended up killing the girl. The school hallway finally showed up, and I was covered in blood.

I felt a stinging in my arm, causing me to wake. Sayaka was clinging to me, her nails digging into my skin, almost drawing blood. I shook her, it was 6 am, and I felt bad but it hurt. "Leon, stop it! " echoed through my mind. Somehow the dream was reaching my thoughts. I had no idea who was screaming in there, but it was loud. I got up to make breakfast, just toast... Just... Toast.

Sayaka finally woke up and we got ready for school, walking there together, music and sports majors. I waved good bye, and now I already missed her cold embrace of cuddling. Why did I think cold, she was not cold at all. What is wrong with me.

***CHAPTER END 319 WORDS.

DEDICATED TO Adult_Swam 💞