XI

° XI °
"Little Birdy. . . Why Do You Fly Upside Down?"

Bellamy's boots thumped loudly against the dirt, his hurried steps stirring up leaves and broken twigs as he made his way outside of camp with Clarke not too far in tow. "Where'd you see her last?"

"She was standing just outside the North wall" Clarke replied, the blonde biting back an amused grin as she tried to keep up with the leader's speed. She knew Thea was exactly where she'd last seen her and yet the eldest Blake still fell into a small panic at the mention of the hazel eyed delinquent being anywhere outside the camp.

Bellamy had to hold back his sigh of relief when he caught sight of the brunette he had been searching for.. standing exactly where Clarke said she'd seen her. His hasty jog fell into a slow walk as he quietly approached her from behind, "hey."

"Hey" Thea greeted softly, glancing over her shoulder at the two of them with a soft smile before turning back towards the rest of the woods with a semi-vacant expression, "what're you guys doin over here?"

"Could ask you the same thing" Bellamy retorted, nudging her shoulder with his own once he finally reached her and offering a hesitant grin to her side eye.

Biting the inside of her cheek, Thea finally acknowledged the two standing beside her by turning towards them with pursed lips, "it's quiet," she hummed, gesturing towards the trees, "calm... it's been 2 days." Two long, agonizing days of wondering when the grounders were going to get their revenge for blowing up the bridge and the suspense was quite literally keeping Thea on her toes as she found herself pacing just outside the walls with her eyes peeled in every direction.

Appearing on Thea's left, Clarke's shoulder brushed hers as the 3 of them stood together, "maybe the bomb scared them off for good," she reckoned, though her tone suggested even she didn't believe her own words.

"They're coming," Thea stated, the conviction in her words unsettling to her companions who had never heard the girl use such a somber tone, "the only question is.. when?"

  A year ago, if you would've told Bellamy Blake that he would be sitting on Earth today with a bunch of teenage criminals, one being his little sister, drawing up plans of attack against a clan of savages who's only reasoning for killing them was their measly existences... he would've asked what herbs you'd been stealing from Farm Station's garden. But if someone would've told him all that and the fact that he was making these plans with not one, but two, of the Arc's most privileged daughters, one of which was slowly but surely worming her way into his veins in the most invasive of ways, well, he would've questioned his own sanity at that point. But it was true. Sure, Bellamy was worried about the grounders attacking camp and ripping their way through what was left of the 100, these teens that he somehow managed to wrap under his wing with a few commands here and there, but how the hell was it that while all this was going on, his thoughts somehow managed to stay circulated around this one girl.

  The timing never seemed to be right for them, and Bellamy would be the first to admit that he was scared, hell, he was terrified. What was it about this girl that had him practically drowning in heroic madness? Neither him nor Athena had said anything about their second kiss and their equal proclamations of being all in whatever mess they were concocting. He never thought he'd be the one seeking her out hoping for some sort of clarification that his fever hadn't had him imagining things between them and that he wasn't losing his mind. Of course the eldest Blake hadn't considered Clarke was going to follow him every second of the day, badgering him and it took every ounce of willpower he had not to shove her down the small hill they were standing on top of as he eyed her over Thea's head.