Chapter 2: The Blushing Dilemma

The next morning, Lauren woke up to noise near her in the bus. She remembered falling asleep next to Camila, but her bandmate wasn't there anymore. Lauren opened her bunk curtain and popped her head out of the bunk, looking for whoever was making noise. She immediately saw Normani, moving stuff around in her bunk, not too far from Lauren.

"Oh, Lauren, sorry if I woke you up." Normani said when she saw her.

"It's okay," Lauren replied, yawning, "Where are the others?"

"Glam. You can go back to sleep if you want. I'll tell Ally to come and wake you up when she's done."

Lauren thanked Normani and lied back on her bunk. She stayed like that for a few minutes but she just couldn't go back to sleep, so she moved her hand and reached out for Dinah's book. The bet Camila and her had made the previous day had already started and that meant she had to start reading too. She wondered how Camila was doing with her part of the bet and she hoped the other girls were not trying to bother her too much with that.

She opened the book and started reading.

Body language is a universal language. Everybody uses it whether they are aware or not, and it goes beyond just body movements. Usually, people are able, by experience, to understand some messages, but it requires great practice to make sure those messages are not misinterpreted.

Learning and being more aware of this kind of non-verbal communication can help you read people to improve how you communicate with them. But it can also help you understand other people, how they react to you and how you react to them. It is a delicate skill that you will explore and acquire with practice and dedication.

After over 30 minute, she heard Ally's voice telling her she needed to get up, so she closed the book. While taking a shower and on the way to meet the rest of the girls, she though about what she had read. Suddenly she felt like she understood why Dinah had chosen this book. The idea of being able to read what a person wanted to say or was feeling just by analyzing their body language, was a fascinating idea. Specially considering most of the time body language was not intentional and people were not aware of things.

Lauren was definitely interested. But she was not about to tell that to Dinah or any of the girls.

When she entered the Glam room, her eyes found Camila sitting on one of the chairs, checking something on her phone. She probably felt her presence, too, because she looked away from her phone and stared at Lauren.

"Morning, Camz."

Camila only responded with a slight smile.

"What happened, Chancho? Cat got you tongue?" Dinah laughed out loud from the couch where she was lying comfortably.

Lauren shook her head, amused when Camila made a face at Dinah. There was no need to be an expert to understand that Camila was trying to tell her to shut up.

Lauren sat waiting for the Glam team to get her ready for the day and after some minutes, she heard someone calling her name.

"Can you not feel her staring?" Normani asked her, "It's like she's begging for you to ask something to her."

I turned around and met Camila's intense glare. Normani was right, she was desperate for some communication, but Lauren couldn't help much on that subject.

"Sorry, Camz. You know you're not allowed to talk to me at all. You'll have to convince some other person to ask something."

Camila huffed and walked out of the room. Lauren tried not to laugh at her friend's struggle.

"I still can believe she hasn't said a word," Dinah stood up from her spot on the couch, "It's been almost 3 hours since she woke up."

"She won't last for too long, I'm sure of it," Normani said confidently and started walking out of the room too. But before leaving, she told Lauren, "I hope you enjoy your book, Lauren."