Chapter 5: Accidents and Revelations

A/N: Sorry for long wait. Extra long chapter for you!

-----------------------------

Lauren woke up the next morning to a lot of noise. She grunted as she rubbed her eyes, before popping her head out of her bunk, ready to sass whoever was yelling.

But there was no one there.

She realized then that the noise and screams were coming from the front part of the bus, probably the kitchen area. She laid her head back on her pillow for a couple minutes. That day was Thursday and that meant they were already halfway through the week she had to read the book. She was not worried, though. She was reading it fast and she was sure she was going to finish it even before Sunday.

Her mind drifted to Camila. Lauren smiled because she knew Camila was just being stubborn and wanted to prove everybody wrong, but she knew also those last three days had been a nightmare for the younger girl. Suddenly, Lauren remembered the events of the previous day and the kiss in the hallway. Was she being delusional? Was Camila really flirting with her? The logical part of her brain kept telling her she was just imagining things and that Camila acted that way with everybody.

Brushing those thoughts off, she dragged herself out of the bunk and walked to the bathroom to wash her face.

“CAMILA! STOP IT!” Lauren heard Dinah’s voice and rolled her eyes, smiling and wondering what her friends were up to.

She put a jacket, quickly walked into the kitchen and saw Camila sitting on the small counter next to the sink. She was making faces and mouthing something Lauren couldn't quite understand. Right in front of her, sitting on the small table, was Dinah. Apparently something Camila was doing was bothering terribly because she was sticking her tongue out at her. Ally and Normani were on the couch, looking at their phones.

“CAMILA, SHUT UP!” Dinah yelled and, contradictorily, covered her eyes.

“She hasn't said anything, boo,” Ally said sweetly but moving her head from side to side as if wondering what she had done to deserve that.

“You know what I mean!” Dinah whined loudly, “Tell her to stop, Ally.”

Camila was laughing with one hand on her stomach and the other covering her mouth, trying to muffle the sound.

“Can someone please tell me what’s going on?” Lauren glared at their bandmates.

“Oh-oh. Grumpy Lauren is here.” Normani joked looking up from her phone.

“It’s too early, Mani. I hate mornings.”

“It’s not that early, Laurenza. But if you want to know, Dinah was trying to trick Mila into talking and then Mila started doing something that Dinah hates. I don't know what exactly she’s doing, though.”

Camila had a proud smile on her face and she was looking at Lauren, waiting for her reaction. The older girl moved to Camila’s side.

“So I guess this is some kind of revenge on Dinah for trying to make us lose the bet?”

Camila nodded happily and Lauren smiled wider. She raised her hand and Camila gave her a high-five, lacing their fingers together and squeezing the green-eyed girl’s hand for a few seconds, before letting go.

“Proud of you, Camz.” Lauren laughed, her hand on her friend’s knee.

Her laughter stopped, though, when she felt a light touch on the back of her hand. She moved her eyes to see Camila’s fingers tracing invisible patterns on her hand and fingers softly, making her shudder. She looked up and hoped Camila hadn't noticed her reaction. Her eyes met brown ones looking at her with a smile on her lips. Lauren was just staring back, a thousand thoughts going through her mind, when Camila moved her head, pointing at the girl sitting at the table.