𝐄𝐬𝐩𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐬𝐨 ᯽ Sleep Deprived

◤──•~❉᯽❉~•──◥
🫀☀️
note:
I think I made him too
Out of Character...
Let me know what you
Think
◣──•~❉᯽❉~•──◢

Let me know what youThink◣──•~❉᯽❉~•──◢

"Sleep Deprived"

The kingdom falls silent as the sun tucks itself onto a bed of fluffy clouds, its light slowly burning orange, and the firmament to a blaze of orange and purple hues. Sunset has finally arrived.

It was five in the evening, and you arrived way before your lover did. There was but a sliver of exhaustion, yet it did not defy you of your personal tasks. Of course, after all, he would be coming home after nights of his work sending him to overdrive.
You mused, making a feast for two, one of savory sweetness with what you can get from a steak and Herb Cookie's garden. Sweet was your hum, thinking about the time he would come home to a loving caress of supper's scent, and of course, your presence. He couldn't take care of himself. That was a fact known to many peers. In fact, he would unknowingly starve himself of rest and relief in his work— a hard worker with the blood of caffeine. But that was the responsibility you deal with when you love someone as sleep-deprived as Espresso.

It was a shock when your peers found out about your relationship, though it never was a secret in the first place. It was also a shock when they knew that he did the first move, but Madeleine quoted, "It's not a surprise at all! With how you were taking care of him, even I'd fall in love in that situation!" And he had a point. You often spoiled Espresso with food, massages, anything a sleep-deprived man could ever ask. Latte once asked about your relationship, if Espresso cookie has been treating you well despite appearing to be work-ridden, and you'd reassure her that he has been treating you like a princess (though we all know who is the princess).

You smiled, the scent of savory fragrances whipping you in the face. It was nine in the evening, almost ten, and you were happy to finally baste your steak in beautiful butter and rosemary. In your millisecond of daze did you hear the door open, and your heart beats faster. "I'm hoome..." A tired voice said from the hallway, and you let out a giggle, raising your voice, "Welcome home. How's work?" From another room, he replied,
"Students are quite... tiring.", making you snicker. "I made dinner, and don't even think about sleeping without eating." There was a small chuckle. Before you knew it, you felt his hands around your waist. "What do you mean? I eat before I sleep. What makes you think I don't, love?" He nuzzled closer to you, making you sigh as you pat his head. "I know you long enough to remind you that caffeine is not a substitute for breakfast, lunch, or dinner." He sinks deeper onto your neck. "Love, I'm done with the steak, let go of me for a second. Eating goes first, cuddling later."

The dinner table is not an awkward silence. You watched him eat whilst tasting you own produce. Seasoned to perfection, just as you liked it. The light in Espresso's sleep-deprived eyes served as evidence to your success. "Delicious as always," He commented with energy, pent up from cups and cups of coffee. "Steak tastes best when you season it. Even Jampie Diner cannot compete!" As he often pampered himself as the best, even you end up being the subject of his pride. It made you feel a tiny bit giddy when he talked about that. You noticed that he was done, and you started to take his plate, when he spoke up, "No worries, love, I'll do it for you."
You laughed in your head. "No, no, you need sleep. Besides, I already warmed up the bath for you." You grinned, seeing him pout. You knew in your mind, that there was a fraction in Espresso that wants to reciprocate the things you do, but someone as busy as him couldn't. As for Espresso, he was driven to turn mere coffee beans to perfection, and he was very thankful that you supported him, pampering him when he's all done. In fact, it still flusters him to see you still awake to welcome him into embraces and such. Affection was not his forte, but to receive it was... something he never knew he'd long for.

Once he was done in the bath, his eyes went to you, sitting in bed with your set of clothes. He was in his black velvet pajamas, one that you bought a while back while he was gone. You chuckled seeing him in his pairing attire. "Hehe, we match." Before you went in, you told him to not wait for you. He was tired after all.

As you went in the bathroom, you felt giddy enough to enter your bathtub. Despite you wanting to take care of him for the night, he still manage to spoil you for a bit. A bubble bath has already been made, a note by the sink, with teasing words of your lover. "You think I wouldn't be able to spoil you, try again." It made you laugh, yet somehow, it made you feel butterflies in your stomach. As you entered the bathtub, you could smell the scent of your favorite (item), the feeling of foam and bubbles against your skin, the heat in your face as you thought about him more. Truly, you were very lucky to have him.

You walked out of the bathroom, wearing the same matchy attire. He smiled, seeing you practically skip onto the bed, diving onto the covers and to his opened arms. "I told you to not wait for me," You pouted, yet all you heard after that were tired chuckles. He replied, "I can't sleep without you in my arms."
"Is that why you've been sleep-deprived?"
Espresso replied, "No such thing!" And both of you laughed,

With you on his chest, you could feel a heartbeat fast and beating hard. "Hehe, I can hear your heartbeat." Espresso left a laughing sigh, cradling your head, nuzzling his cheeks, anything that could satisfy him of how cute you were being. "It's beating so fast. I hope you didn't take another cup of coffee." He laughed and replied, "It was not the fault of a coffee bean, but your doing, dear."
He lifted up your chin and whispered, "You're the reason you think I am palpitating, don't blame the coffee." As his face went nearer, you closed your eyes and waited.
There was not a single lip felt. You opened your eyes whining as you saw him chuckle. "So cute. Let's sleep already." There was a teasing intention lacing his voice. "Goodnight kiss... where?" Espresso smiled, seeing your pitiful eyes looking back to him, almost begging. "Alright, alright," He said laughing as his lips touched yours, passionate yet sweet. It lasted long until both of you were left panting.

"I love you..."
"Love you too."

◤──•~❉᯽❉~•──◥note: I've been spamming Espresso's voicelinesAnd I still don't know If I can get his way ofspeaking right ◣──•~❉᯽❉~•──◢

◤──•~❉᯽❉~•──◥
note:
I've been spamming
Espresso's voicelines
And I still don't know
If I can get his way of
speaking right
◣──•~❉᯽❉~•──◢