prologue : don't call me angel

y/n's mood board

Note: This is my first ever fanfic so pls bear with me lol

---------------------------------

"Good morning. This is (bank name). You have 80,000,000 won in your balance. Would you like to withdraw?"

I stared at my phone, a big smile was immediately plastered on my face. My eyes sparkling with anticipation.

"YES!" I yelled while rolling on my bed. As if my boyfriend just texted me with a heart-flattering message. To be clear, i don't even have a boyfriend and I'm not looking for one.

I still feel a bit tired from last night's party.

I rented a club and invited everyone I know. Even though some people don't like me for my attitude, a lot of people came for my 18th birthday.

Well, i have one friend that I'm close with. His name is Sung-ho. I consider him my best friend because we both know what it's like for people to be jealous of us. He's also my shopping buddy. Sung-ho has a soft brown hair which i love to ruffle. He always gets mad at me whenever I do that because he takes pride on taking care of his hair. He's also very feminine, one of the reasons why it was easy for us to get along.

What happened last night was chaotic to say the least. It was my first time drinking alcohol. And of course my first time getting drunk which leads me to my first time making out with someone. It went so horrible i don't even want to talk about it. Besides everyone was cheering for us to kiss so it's not entirely my fault.

But despite all of that, it was also the first time i felt somehow... free.

My parents were away because of a business trip so they weren't able to attend. I don't know but they're always like that. If i remember correctly, the last time we were complete was on my 9th birthday. It has been so long that's why im used to it.

Originally, they were supposed to give me only 50,000,000 but they just added 30,000,000 more to make up for they're absence. I couldn't be more thankful.

There was a limited edition perfume from my favorite designer brand so obviously i bought it without a second thought.

After ordering it online, I went to take a shower and got ready for the day. I'm feeling extra cheerful today!

I'm wearing a white turtleneck top, layered with a light pink cropped button-down long sleeve, partnered with a light pink skirt. I just let my wavy hair down. I also put on some light makeup and few accessories. Then, I slipped on my socks and white sneakers to complete my outfit.

Today, i planned to go shopping with Sung-ho. It was already 10 am so we decided we'll just see each other at a coffee shop.

"What the hell!? I was starting to think you were kidnapped. What took you so long?" He asked me eagerly.

I scoffed. This bitch, Im not even that late.

"Stop exaggerating! I woke up late okay? It has only been 5 minutes. Gosh" I rolled my eyes.

We went for hours buying designer clothes, shoes, and whatever we find cute. We spent the whole day going through every mall in Seoul until our feet was almost numb. The sky was already getting dark so we decided we'd eat in a restaurant.

I said my order to the waiter and so did Sung-ho. Im a very picky eater so it was a bit hard for me to choose.

Moments later, the waiter served our foods. They even gave us a small round cake. Sung-ho and I looked at each other trying not to laugh. Maybe they thought we're a couple. We just played along with it for a free cake. Sung-ho and I could never be a couple. I mean, we both like men for fucks sake. We were always mistaken that we're dating because we're inseparable. Me and Sung-ho are platonic soulmates, that we both know.

The following days were filled with shopping, going out of town, food tripping, clubbing, and attending concerts of my favorite artists. I didn't even notice my bank account getting slimmer and slimmer.

I was in the leaving room watching a movie when I heard the door open. I stood up when I saw both my parents entering the living room, a longing smile was on my face. The smile faded when I saw my dad went straight to me looking furious. I instantly got scared. Did I do something wrong?

A loud slapped echoed through the living room.

I held my now throbbing cheeks, trying to keep my tears from falling.

"What did you to the money i gave you?! You spent it all in just a week! I had enough of your carelessness!" my father said with pure anger lingering his voice.

I looked down, not wanting to look into his eyes. Scared he would hit me again.

"You're now an adult! You have responsibilities! You can't keep doing this bullshit! I will send you to the game as a punishment and that's final!"

With the, he went upstairs living me hurt and dumbfounded. I saw my step-mom looking disappointed before following dad. I couldn't help but roll my eyes at her. They couldn't even afford to greet me a belated happy birthday.

I went to my room, forgetting the movie i was watching. Tears started to uncontrollably roll down my face. I locked to door and went to my bed. Curling myself into a ball, I cried. Days of happiness was shortly replaced by my despair.

I couldn't understand it. They gave the money to me, hence I have the right to spend it on whatever I wanted.

With that thought going around my head. I cried myself to sleep.

Vote and comments are appreciated <3