Shrine

Their ultimatum cropped around their necks suffocating them slowly to their death. Surely, if the day shall pass, and they haven't fulfilled the wishes of the witches shall calamity fall on them.

The eldest priest who was given the role of building the shrine quickly order the rest of the priest down into their shrine as even himself had followed closely behind them.

To Osabiegun he mentioned even if a snail shall be killed, it will try its own best to survive. The same way he left had the chiefs and elders left the palace one after another even when sadness struck their faces like thunder from the sky.

At least, if by the next day and the cloud could still be brighter like the snow would be worthy of appreciation. But all these hadn't even gave Osabiegun a bit of hope. To him, the night shall continuously rule the day in endless bloody combat which sunk their hope to the bottom of the sea.

Deep down, if there was a power he would wield to defeat the witches he will not hesitate to find it. But where would he even find such a power? That, Sango the most powerful among all the deities had left him caused his little hope that even another god does not exist.

Osukapo, who noticed the departure of the chiefs and elders, confidently came out of her hiding and had a seat with Osabiegun and Oranmiyan. She knew nothing to say as even herself was totally discouraged yet, opened her mouth for some words to breeze into his ears.

Her husband, Osukapo called in her sweetest tone. The King of Ifa-ile, she called again. One whom no one dare to confront lest, die by their own courage, she said slowly.

That, everything that went on in the palace while the elders and chiefs were there she knew. Oranmiyan who looked surprised how she knew, could not get his anxiousness satisfied. But even Osabiegun had not really cared if she listens secretly or got to know about it by chance.

The witches were only too powerful when they come together and their power always limited once they are alone was the words she said slowly.

That, to catch a tiger, one must be slow to action and at the moment one shall pick a race, it will only be to mislead the tiger to a bait she uttered gently again.

Definitely Osabiegun will not deny the fact that the words of Osukapo had always given him hope when he needed it. And even if what she said had not occurred to him any wisdom, he had risen up boldly and sent to the eldest priest one of the guards to act on building the shrine as quick as they can.

The eldest priest who had already begun this function received the command of the king and with no further delay acted more on his role in building the shrine.

At least, if Ifa left them to perish shall the shrine of Ifa be used as the shrine of the witches as according to the witches the shrine must be in darkness. They removed and burnt all white clothes and cowries and replaced them with black clothes which was used to cover the whole of the wall.

Two of the bamboo trees were cut down from the swamp area of Ifa-ile only to be sunk into the ground in the shrine.

While the rest of the priests continued to design the shrine, the eldest priest and two of the young priests had dabbled into the village once again.

As the desire of the witches noted, for the blood of a goat must be spilled around the shrine, the blood of two women must be spilled Inside the shrine: one an old and the other a young.

But to have easily picked any of the villagers by himself and the two young priests he had taken along could easily got them beaten up, if theif lives were not even taken. He had not thought twice before he took his race firstly to the palace.