Assurance

Osabiegun froze for a little longer, as he already knew who could have the audacity to call him by his name and by the name of his own very mother.

He looked at Osukapo the second time, shocked as he was with his already expanded jaws which exclaimed the emitting sound of fear.

The third time, the witches chorused his name again and in their shrinking screech they began again another laugh.

Oranmiyan who buried himself deeply into his own fantasy was forced to jump back alive and a race into the palace to which the echo noises was coming from he ran.

Even the fear that grabbed him, had his feet already grown cold. He hadn't hesitated to be with his father who now fell unto his kneel as the command of the witches instructed.

The witches remained in their black tattered garment, with their faces turned to the wall that they wouldn't be seen and Osabiegun and Oranmiyan and Osukapo were behind them.

The longer Osabiegun remained on his kneel as Oranmiyan his son and Osukapo his queen watched him from where they stood, the witches in their number maintained a perfect decorum.

Not only were the witches silent, they remained steadfast in a position as they haven't moved a muscle, with their hands strongly braced on the waist.

Even so, Osabiegun understood he couldn't have stood to his feet lest see how the mightiest storm sinks his boat faster than the blink of an eye.

Again, the eldest witch disappeared suddenly into their midst as she remained seated in the middle of the witches.

That Osabiegun raised his head was the command the eldest witch gave to him to which he adhered promptly.

His surprise and the surprise of Oranmiyan and that of Osukapo compelled their sudden exclamation. For what they saw, was the face of Osukapo as the eldest witch continued looking at them and exploded into a short round of laughter.

As soon as she closed her mouth for the prevailing silence to prevail again had the rest of the witches who were before facing the wall turned their faces to Osabiegun and Osukapo and Oranmiyan, who were again surprised as the faces everyone of them had was that of Osukapo.

Slowly and gently, the eldest witch rose to her feet and carried her step one after another as she finally had her seat on the throne of Ifa-ile.

The rest of the witches followed closely behind her that the moment she lifted her leg, they lifted their legs also. Osabiegun and Oranmiyan and Osukapo were now before them to bow as the command of the eldest witch noted again.

Maybe they have forgotten was the words the eldest witch said as she lifted her hands up slowly and her claws had become more obvious for Osabiegun, Oranmiyan and Osukapo to behold.

The story of their ancestor she had reminded them in the reign of Abegbogbo who was adamant to the worship of Sango alone, and he wouldn't even listen to their words as all they wanted was to be offered a male child sacrifice.

His confidence and his trust in the powers wielded unto him by Sango what the push he needed to go face off against the witches, which in his Ignorance the witches ruled the affairs of men even from their own realm and while in the witches thirst for blood, he was yet another goat they feast upon in their own meeting.

Definitely, Abegbogbo was the most foolish King Ifa-ile have had in the past. The elders witch said again as the rest of the witches behind her open widely their teeth with the stains of blood being too obvious as they exploded into another continuous teehee.

Osabiegun who opened his eyes more in a shock only for the reason the eldest witch had insulted his great grand father could not have done anything but remained on his kneel with his anger fussed in himself. If it was an ordinary commoner of Ifa-ile who had said those words would have understood by now how a gentle dove change into a roaring lion in just an instant because by now, they would be sleeping forever with the ground as their blanket.