ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 5

⪻Luca⪼

Anastasia Marino... The woman, who's been fucking with my brain since day one. Of course, she had to show me that she knew our route and can tamper with whatever she wanted whenever she felt like it with our cargo. The men guarding the shipment won't stand a chance against her and she knew it. Niccolo didn't stay silent for long with Mark's treatment. It took Mark hours though and he paid for making Mark's job difficult and wasting our time. I mailed his severed head to her address in a beautifully packaged box with gift wrapping and my name on it. It should've reached there well by now and I was hoping for a furious reply but what I got in response shocked the wind out of me.

I only had the chance of seeing her a couple of times after I returned from the force that too, from a distance while we were feuding but staying behind our men in action letting them fight for and against us, never coming face to face. And it feels like it's been decades since the last time.

And now in my hands lies the chance to rectify it. We're coming face to face after 18 years.

The invitation card she sent me is gold plated and it was engraved with platinum words. The design is elegant and classy just like her, well a side of her. She can't really show the devil in her while she's trying to conduct a party now, can she? I know they must have worked hard to reset her studio after it was demolished by some of her rivals. And I'm sure this is going to be a grand event as an answer for whomever behind it. It's always important to keep tabs on the people who won't hesitate to shoot you in the head and that's exactly what I do but never thought I would be one of her invitees.

I have no intimations as to why she's inviting me for the first time to one of her events when she didn't even bother with me before. Either she is planning to bite back for the capture and death of one of her foreign rogues who she clearly dumped at my shipment sight for me to catch. She's not dumb I know for a fact that she did that on purpose and wanted me to know that too. Or she's finally trying to make peace with me after years of back and forth. My father was never happy about our rivalry and had always kept a low profile tie with her until I came to the scene. He wasn't invited to the event and that is how it's easy to figure out why the invitation is not a peace treaty or a white flag from her part but a bright red one.

I've been inside my flight for about five and a half hours and we were heading towards my penthouse in California. I visit every once in a while to check up on things in here and Vegas but I'll be here for more than a week now that I have to attend her function that's in a week from now. Peter, Paulie, Vincent and some of my guards are coming along with me too, leaving Mark to handle the business back home. While they were enjoying themselves at the back of our plane I was not interested as I usually would be on cards or drinks or women. I don't know why but here I am sitting on my ass with the window closed and my hands clutching the invitation card.

 I don't know why but here I am sitting on my ass with the window closed and my hands clutching the invitation card

I have spent my entire life around guns and blood and smoke and death and tragedies. But nothing made me feel like what I feel now. I feel borderline nervous? What the fuck is wrong with me.