ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 11

⪻Ana's POV⪼

The infuriating man walks toward the profusely sweating band members to whisper something in the ear of the lead artist. The whole ballroom became deadly silent the moment my guests saw Lombardo taking me to the dance floor after Freddo oh so happily agreed to his proposition. His death wish, more like. Begrudgingly following him to the dance floor was the only thing I could do with my family's reputation and safety at stake. Arms crossed in front of my chest, I glower at the back of his head with so much rage, that it might as well explode with the heat of my gaze. I see the lead artist nodding his head shakily with wide eyes that surprisingly held wonder and curiosity. What are you up to Captain?  

By the time he turned around with the same lopsided smile that didn't leave his fucking face for some reason, the crowd had already surrounded us like a Spanish audience about to witness bullfighting. I could see Andy and Rain in the outermost circle with shock written all over their brows even though Andy was trying hard to remain impassive about the whole ordeal. I soften my gaze when it landed on the two and give a reassuring nod to Rain. It harden, even more, when it slip back to the chiselled face that was drawing closer to mine. The amusement suddenly flees his face when he invades my personal space. The stone-cold eyes bore into my angry ones with what seemed like a firm determination. 

He steps even closer when an overhead bright spotlight blazed on us. What the actual fuck!? I'm not putting on a show here for anyone. I was busy glaring at the shadows that were drowned in the darkness around wondering who gave the directive to set the lighting that my response to a pair of hands softly trying to pry off my crossed ones in front of my chest evolve a little late. Before I could yank myself back, I am pulled into the warmth that surprisingly doesn't feel strange. It feels rather familiar. 

A firm hand snakes around my waist and my hands unintentionally respond by settling themselves on his broad shoulders. No more accidents. I had to take control of this situation I'm in. Looking right into his eyes, I slowly glide my right hand across his tense shoulder and his left arm to meet his waiting palm and we intertwined our bloodthirsty fingers.  I could feel his harsh breaths on my left temple, leaving my body with inexplicable shockwaves in its wake. I'm baffled. What is this feeling?

I'm distracted by our intertwined hands when the first note of a familiar Jose Barrios Latin music fell inside my perked up ears. 

No, that's impossible.

My eyes widen when I remember the music from three years ago in Florence. 

The breaths I've been trying to control tumble out of my open mouth unevenly. My chest heaving up and down brushing against his hard one. I face the band in shock only to make out dark figures in their element as the only light there was, was steadfast upon our close bodies on the dance floor. Everything else has faded into nothing. It felt as if nothing else existed but him and I. My eyes zero in on his amber ones again before they fell on his lips which were slightly agape. His cupid bow dip as I see him press them together and swallow. My eyes follow the movement in a daze before they meet his eyes again. We can't seem to disconnect the bridge that was created between them. Those same amber eyes that held me captive that night and the same lips that begged me to be irrational for once in my life. The only features that weren't hidden under his silver mask that matched the colour of mine. I could never forget that night even if I wanted to. 

I am swiftly turned around putting an end to my trance when the music picked up its pace, my back pressed against his chest and our hands locked on my chest to hold me in place before I was twirled around to face him again. He resumed our previous position of a closed dance hold before proceeding to lead me on a fast promenade towards the left and then the right. It was the same damn steps. I couldn't keep my eyes off him as the realization sets it no matter how much I wanted to deny it.