ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 8

⪻3rd person⪼

The young man who was new to the Borgata walked shivering from head to toe in fear down the hall towards the main office of the mansion. He was a replacement for one of the men who died in the shootout that happened a couple of days ago. The world is shaken from the incident that happened at the number 6 Nevada state line and the radio silence that was followed by Vito Lombardo and his family. The absence and supposed murder of the great don's son are all over the news and even though the Barzini-Marinos are the only people who knew who was behind it, the tense and anxious energy of anticipation to the expected consequences permeated the air around the mansion. The button reached the door and before knocking, took a few breaths to calm his nerves. Freddo Barzini is unlike any other dons he has ever worked for. Ruthless, merciless, cruel, cunning and a traitoring bastard. One wrong word or move, the man could lose his head in the worst way possible. He knocked on the door after several failed attempts of calming himself and a booming dark noise welcomed his ears from the other side of the door.

 "Come in."

Upon opening the door, the button was met with one of the most powerful people in the world sitting behind his desk with a scowl etched on his terrifying face. 

"Send for Anastasia to my office

"Send for Anastasia to my office." Freddo said lowly with his head held high and hands perched on top of either side of the arms of the office chair behind the huge mahogany table. If he was anxious about the dilemma he and his people were facing, he did a damn good job at hiding it because his face was like it was made of stone with only one predominant emotion. Pure anger towards his wife's daughter and a strong desire to destroy her. She knew the repercussions of her actions and she did them anyway. It could cost them everything they have ever worked for if light were to shed on them. It was a miracle that a second war in less than a decade hasn't ensued yet even though it was a war that's happening inside each and every people in the family's head.

The man nodded frantically, sweating profusely then bowed down a little before heading back to the door from where an angry looking Marco is entering the office. He bowed down to Marco too, which he acknowledged by waving his hand off for the man to leave immediately. Nodding again, the button left but he could hear the muffled argument happening between the father and son after he closed the door and started walking down the hall to Ana's guards.

"I'm away for a week and she takes the control of the Marinos. Where were you?" Freddo's hushed furious voice greeted other workers and maids who were passing by too.

"She never tells me anything Padre nor did anyone else it's like I don't exist in this house when you're not home. She also spent millions of dollars to pay the families of the dead. I didn't fucking know. So what are we going to do about her?" 

The last thing the button heard from Freddo before he was out of earshot was laced with menace and darkness that a shiver ran down his still quivering form.

"I think you already know. Call for Santino." 

◕◕◕◕

"Mr Bianco, Mr Freddo is asking for Ms Marino." Rocco paused the serious phone call he was attending while standing outside Ana's office and looked back to the newly inducted member of the Borgata, squinting his eyes.