Six.

masonmount:Shopping trip things

       masonmount:
Shopping trip things

Tagged; declanrice

Liked by; declanrice, laurenfryer_, benchilwell and 28,018 others

Lauren:
Hey, this is Lacey isn't it? Mason hasn't given me some randoms number has he? x

Lacey:
Hey! No it's definitely Lacey, how did Mason give you my number? He gave me yours aha x

Lauren:
Obviously stole yours too ;) are you okay with us picking you up? I'm really glad we can spend some time together x

Lacey:
Of course, I'll call you and give you the address? x

         It was mid afternoon before the black Audi pulled up outside Lacey's house, and to her surprise it wasn't Lauren driving, Lauren wasn't even in the car for that matter.
"What are you doing here?" Lacey groans as she walks up to the car, Mason stepping out of the car and laughing. "It's nice to see you too" Mason smiles, closing the space between them, with his arms open, both adults knowing that Mason was going in for a hug, Lacey much to stubborn about the conversation they had the evening before putting her hands on Masons chest and pushing softly on him, ensuring he was a good metre away.

"Look can we use this time driving to clear the air, I'm not one to say things so openly, and I really didn't mean to upset you or hurt you in anyway" Mason states, his voice confident but his body posture most definitely was not. "You have until we get to Lauren's, if I'm not convinced this is it" Lacey replies, her voice also sounding confident, but the facial expression and the pulling of her sleeves would tell different signs.

"Look, I'm really sorry about what I said. I have this protective barrier from letting me get to know people. I always just assume people want to know me because of who I am, not who I really am, if that makes sense" Mason breaths as he starts the car up and they pull off from the driveway.
"I understand what you're saying, but you're the one who came to see Callum with Ben, not the other way around" Lacey retorts, leaning back in the seat, hating how comfortable the car was. "And I understand that now, but I guess we're the same, we keep people at arms length until we can trust them" Mason states, as Lacey looks over at him, raising an eyebrow. "Oh, I'm not sure Callum was supposed to talk about it but he mentioned about your previous relationship" Mason speaks softly, knowing this was a delicate subject and to tread very carefully, knowing that he had already upset the female previously and didn't want to cause further upset.
"I knew he would talk about eventually, I love my brother I do, but sometimes it seems as if it's easier for him to pick apart something that happened months ago instead of accept that he made me feel the same way" Lacey breaths, then covers her mouth in realisation of what she had said. "No, carry on, this is a safe space" Mason smiles, as he looks over at her briefly and then turns his head back to the road as Lacey opens her mouth.

"It's not that I don't understand why Cal did what he did, if I was the same age as him at the time I'd of done the same, gone and made a life to ignore the heartbreak, but it was almost like he left and never looked back" Lacey states, running a hand through her hair. "Like, I'd get an occasional text, a monthly phone call, then a random text from a new number, it was like routine, no christmases, no birthdays, and then I moved away, met Levi, had my heart broke several times, then Dani intervened when she realised that my texts were off" Lacey mumbles the last part, but Mason hears every word she says. "Whatcha mean?" Mason asks, as he indicates and follows the road to their destination. "Levi was controlling, I mean looking back he was very controlling. He would put me in a situation I didn't want to be in several times, and when you're young in love you'll do anything to keep that. Numerous accounts of cheating, violent accidents - thankfully never towards me" Lacey added quickly, as Mason looked at her with a stern face, his eyebrows raised. "And then he would take my phone, hide my keys, come to work just to ensure I was where I said I was, he stopped me seeing my family, stopped contact with Callum and my Mum, stopped me seeing Dani, and in the end Dani showed up and I broke, I told her everything." Lacey breathed, her voice slightly shook from letting everything out.
"Then I saw Sasha at work and we got back to talking, realising we hadn't spent time together in months due to Levi, I went to Manchester with her for a while, sorted myself out and we're here in the present day, patching things up with people who I need around me" Lacey finishes, her hands playing with the rips in her jeans to occupy her during her storytelling.

"That sounds like a lot to deal with for one person, and if I knew what I knew now yesterday, I would of never said what I said, and I'm really sorry I misunderstood you" Mason breaths, placing a hand on her thigh briefly, before removing it when he sees the blush rise on Lacey's cheeks, smirking to himself. "I'm really sorry for burdening you with all of that" Lacey whispers, her gaze looking outside at the shopping centre they had pulled into. "Oh no, I asked, don't ever apologise for something I asked you about" Mason breaths, flashing a small smile in her direction making her smile. "Anyway, we have some shopping to do, you're totally buying a Mount shirt, you're not cheering Chilly on" Mason laughs, as they exit the car, seeing Declan and Lauren standing next to their car waiting for them.

"Where have you been Mase? I swear you drive like a grandma!" Declan chuckles as Lauren playfully hits his shoulder. "Oh, aye" Declan looks over at Lacey, looking at her with a smile. "I swear you just annoy me for the fun of it" Mason groans, but hugs his best friend and then hugs Lauren. "You both know Lace, and Lace you know Dec and Lauren" Mason smiles. "Why you introducing me like I haven't met them when we all literally had a drink together a couple of nights ago" Lacey laughed. "Right, yeah, c'mon" Mason states, as the four of them walk into the shops.