O3-Enemies

나정
🐰enemies🐶

The next day, Jeongyeon came down to the kitchen at eleven, a time when no one was home. She was humming a song, her favorite song, TWICE's Love Line seemed to have been written by Jeongyeon herself.

«I'm loving loving loving...»

Jeongyeon stopped and continued to hum only the tune of that song. She took a pack of biscuits from one of the white wooden cabinets and then frowned looking for coffee.

-And so you are Kyungsoo's other daughter.- said a voice behind her.

Jeongyeon stopped her search and stood still with her eyes wide open. That voice was so clear and perfect. It couldn't be the voice of a profiteer, but it couldn't be the voice of a fifty-year-old either. She decided to turn around, and when she did, she immediately regretted it. Nayeon's smile faded and the kitchen felt cold. After about two minutes of silence, during which the two girls looked into each other's eyes, transmitting a mixture of emotions to each other, including regret, anger and sadness, Jeongyeon decided to speak.

-I didn't know my father's partner had a daughter.

Nayeon frowned and looked at Jeongyeon rather confused. She didn't immediately understand what she was referring to, so she answered after about twenty seconds.

-Actually, your father's partner is me.- Nayeon said, feeling, for the first time, terribly sick for loving that man. She hadn't felt guilty about loving a man older than her, she hadn't felt guilty about loving a man the same age as her father, she hadn't felt guilty about loving a man whose daughters were even older than her, but she felt sick for loving a man who turned out to be Yoo Jeongyeon's father.

Why hadn't she thought of this before? She had thought Yoo was a fairly common surname. The day before, however, she had been told that her boyfriend's daughter's name was Jeongyeon. Why hadn't she just put two and two together?

Jeongyeon, to the statement of her greatest enemy, did not react, remaining impassive.

-I didn't know Kyungsoo was your father.- said the brown-haired girl.

-I had imagined our first meeting starting with a "nice to meet you", not with an apology because you decided to get together with an older man.- Jeongyeon said, trying not to express her feelings. If before Jeongyeon didn't want her father to have a partner, at that moment the main problem was seeing Nayeon with her father.

-How is it going? We haven't seen each other for three years.- Nayeon asked looking at the other in her eyes, in those dead eyes, just like Jeongyeon, who was now dead inside.

-I would like to say that since I haven't seen you it's better. But how do you think it's going?- Jeongyeon asked with a tone of voice full of anger. By now she was starting to give in. The tears were still in her eyes but she didn't know if she could hold them back much longer.

The girl who had mocked her, humiliated her, treated her badly in front of the whole school since Jeongyeon was ten, was her father's girlfriend.

-Of course... I was right... You really have a miserable life. But I've matured, Jeongeon, and it's time for you to do the same. Forget the past and let us coexist peacefully.

-Peacefully? What do you want from my father?

-Jeongyeon, I love him.

The blonde remained paralyzed. Im Nayeon, that girl who seemed heartless, did she love him? Did she love anyone? And that someone was her father... The father of the girl whose life she had ruined.

-Weren't you with that guy Minhyuk?

Nayeon giggled. -I remember that he was very convinced that you liked him.

-And I remember how you and your boyfriend teased me.

Nayeon frowned. She couldn't deny that she had hurt Kyungsoo's daughter and she hoped that Jeongyeon wouldn't run to her father to tell him everything. When Minhyuk began to suspect that Jeongyeon might like him- also because he was a fool, he was convinced that everyone liked him- he began to play with her, pretending to court her, telling her that Nayeon was worth nothing compared to her, that he would have left her, that Jeongyeon was so attractive. And then Jeongyeon had seen the couple laughing, they were laughing at her, like the rest of the school, because she had actually believed that someone could like her, among other things someone like Lee Minhyuk, she had believed that someone had liked her and could have been preferred her to Im Nayeon. How ridiculous she had been in everyone's eyes.

-Did you seriously think my Minhyuk could like you? He had me, don't forget that.

Jeongyeon would never forget that.

-And what happened then? Did you realize how immature he was and leave him? Because I doubt that, being lucky enough to have you, he left you.

Nayeon smiled. -You're right, he was lucky, in fact I was the one who left him for your father. I wanted a mature man, not an overgrown child. Minhyuk is attractive but he's not a man, he's your age after all.

-Yeah... Eighteen years is too young, right? For you you need a man of at least fifty years of age. Why not? A fifty-three-year-old having a midlife crisis, a widower, with three daughters already old enough to not have to take care of, rich... You're right, maybe it's time for me to do something like that too. Is your father single?

-Jeongyeon, stop.

-Or maybe you knew that Kyungsoo is my father.

-Trust me, it's not like that.

Jeongyeon laughed bitterly. -Trust me!? Who? The girl who ruined my life since I was just a little girl? I'm surprised that you haven't come looking for me in the last three years, but your boyfriend was there to make my life impossible, right?

-Don't refer to Minhyuk like that, we're not together anymore, even if he didn't accept it.

-And let me guess: when he finds out that the man you left him for is my father, will he come to me and ruin my life again?

-Jeongyeon...

-Leave my father.

Nayeon shook her head. -You don't understand... Ours is true love.

That response from Nayeon was enough for Jeongyeon. The blonde put the package of biscuits down on the table in front of her and went back up to her room. When she slammed the door shut, she finally let out the tears she had been holding back all these years.

We can already see the first important change. If you read the previous version, you might remember that Nayeon and Jeongyeon are ex. Not in this case