the color red

I notice a distinct; lack of color on my walk home.

I don't typically leave the cathedral this late, nor do I remember how exactly the time managed to go by as quickly as it did.

And yet, here I walk under dimly lit streetlights emitting a soft buzzing noise signaling that the end of their days approaches.

It reminds me of a noise I've heard recently, but can't remember where or when.

̶l̶i̶k̶e̶ ̶c̶l̶o̶c̶k̶w̶o̶r̶k̶

I don't look down as I walk.

I keep my eyes focused on the sky.

It burns.

It's unsafe, sure. But I've walked this path time and time again and have yet to truly get lost.

Or at least "lost" by the common definition of the word and not some more artistic way of describing it.

Actually, since we're on the topic of art, there's something I'd like you to look at.

Even with your eyes held open. it is not possible to see everything.

There will be things that happen to you beyond your control.

And whether that be something like...The death of a loved one.

Or a string wrapped around your finger connecting you to someone, or something that you are meant to love, see, hate, k̶i̶l̶l̶, love again-

No matter what that string is.

You must be careful to not let it wrap too tightly around your neck.

Good things can be bad depending on the color of the light, emitting from that light hidden away in a̶ ̶r̶o̶o̶m̶ ̶w̶i̶t̶h̶ ̶c̶l̶o̶c̶k̶s̶ your room.

I come to you exactly as I am.

In all of my glory.

And all I ask is that you witness.

All I ask is that you see.

Before you lies a line.

And if you align that line alongside lines of lies you tell yourself so you can fall asleep at night-

You have something red.

And red is an evil color.

Or so many would like you to think.

But I think red can be beautiful; under the right circumstances.

The color of a loved ones hair.

A gift carefully wrapped underneath a Christmas tree.

A fledgling cardinal, taking flight for the first time.

The color of a heart.

How can red be a bad color, when all things like these; bring smiles to our faces?

Tug the line.

Tug the line and cross it.

Tie it around all the things you love; and pull them along. 

Start dragging them across rough terrain, until their skin (if applicable) begins to tear away.

all I want is for you to be happy! all I want is for you to be happy! all I want is for you to be happy! all I want is for you to be happy! all I want is for you to be happy! all I want is for you to be happy! all I want is for you to be happy!