Chapter 23

When we arrived the next day at Versailles everyone was completely ecstatic when we drove next to the golden gates of the palace.

I turned to look at Avery who was sitting in the seat in front of me with Sebastian. She was grinning as she looked out of the window.

"Can you believe it?" I asked Liam who was beside me, and he was also looking at the palace in awe.

"Believe what?" He responded with his own question.

"That we are going to have our graduation party at the Palace of Versailles tomorrow." I explained and Liam looked down at me, with a smile.

"No Olivia, I honestly can't believe it." Liam said, and I nodded with a smile of my own and then turned to look at the palace one last time before the bus turned the corner of the street and it was out of sight.

"You know what I keep asking myself...?" Liam asked as he grabbed my wrist and then one of his fingers traced the little tattoo, on the inside of my wrist, of a simple heart. "When did you get this?" He finished his question and I smiled.

"Last summer, Avery and I went to the beach... there we decided to get matching tattoos." I shrugged and Liam looked away from the tattoo on my wrist, up to my eyes.

"So you're telling me, that Olivia Anderson, a very talented dancer, got a tattoo and I just found out?!" Liam's eyes were wide as he looked at me in shock. I pulled my wrist from his fingers and then smirked.

"We were too busy hating each other and that's why you didn't notice." I shrugged and he raised an eyebrow as he leaned back in his seat.

"I still hate you, that hasn't changed." He pointed out and I scoffed.

"Good, 'cause I still hate you too." I said back and I then also leaned back in my seat, as he shook his head and didn't break eye contact.

"Crazy question." I suddenly said after a few seconds of not looking away. He simply nodded.

"What do you prefer swimming, soccer, American football, baseball or basketball?" I asked and Liam laughed.

"Well my sport is swimming and I love it, so yeah... swimming is with what I'll go." He chuckled as I nodded. "But what I always love to watch is soccer." Liam continued saying and I grinned.

The bus stopped and we all grabbed our things and then slowly stepped off, our feet touching the pavement.

Hotel le Versailles.

That's the name of the hotel that we will be staying in...

It was a big hotel with what I assumed was a six story building. The outside was of white stone and in front of the windows, that belonged to each room, where little balconys.

"So, the palace is a one minute walk from here, meaning whenever we leave for the palace tomorrow, we'll arrive fast." Liam snapped his fingers to show how fast we would arrive.

"No kidding Sherlock." I rolled my eyes.

"Shut up." Liam said in response and I narrowed my eyes at him.

"Don't tell me what to do. My God." I said as I shook my head.

"Don't you love to watch this couple argue Sebastian?" Avery said through her teeth and Liam scoffed while I laughed.

Sebastian looked unsure of what to say. "Oh, uh... yeah." Sebastian nodded slowly and Avery groaned.

While Liam and I burst out laughing.

We walked down a set of stairs and then we entered the lobby, following everyone else.

"If I have to drag this suitcase down or up one more set of stairs, I will seriously die." Scarlett complained in front of us and I raised my eyebrow.

"I wouldn't mind that." I muttered under my breath.

"Excuse me, what did you just say Olivia?" Scarlett turned to me, her eyes daring me to say louder what I had just said.

"I was talking to Avery..." I said and Scarlett rolled her eyes.

"Oh really? What did you tell her about me Olivia?" She said and I chuckled.

"You know not everything revolves around you Scarlett." I said and walked past her, while dragging my suitcase behind me.

As I set my things next to a set of chairs that where one the other side of the lobby, facing the reception desk, I let out a sigh as I sat on one of the chairs. Avery came over to where I was, and sat in the chair beside me.

"You know Olivia, it really is entertaining to watch you two argue." Avery said as she leaned back, crossing her arms.

"When I argue with who?" I said raising an eyebrow.

"To be honest, with both of Liam and Scarlett. But with Liam it's different than with Scarlett." Avery responded.

"Different? How is it different?" I scoffed, as I looked over at Scarlett who was talking with Nicolas, causing a scowl to make its way on my face.

"Because you and Liam have chemistry, even though you supposedly hate each other, and with Scarlett it's... hate." Avery said the last word while tilting her head.

My eyes went over to Liam who was talking to Mrs. Smith with Sebastian beside him, as Monsieur Dupont was talking to the receptionist.

"You want to talk about why you hate those two over everything?" She softly said and I let out a sigh.

"You know the story..." I whispered as my fingers played with the material of my jacket.

"Not entirely, because you never liked talking about it." Avery responded.

"Fine." My gaze trailed over to the window, watching the people that where walking outside. "In sophomore year, Liam and I had... a thing, we had even confessed our feelings for each other." I said.

"That I knew." Avery nodded for me to continue.

"But... what you didn't know is that, before we where official... Scarlett came along." I looked down at my hand that was resting in my lap, as Avery's brows furrowed.

"She immediately started talking to him... and meeting him outside school. I didn't want to think that it meant anything... but before I knew it, I found out that they had slept together." I shook my head as I shrugged.

Avery took in a sharp breath.

"Then I was so stupid and naive to think that it was a one time thing, and that it wouldn't happen again... but it did." I looked over at Liam, who was looking at something that Sebastian was happily showing him.

"It might not make sense that I got mad at the time, since we weren't even dating-" I was cut off by Avery.

"But it still hurt like hell." She finished and I nodded.

"Exactly." I said with a frown.

"But why does he hate you?" Avery wondered and I chuckled.

"Because I dated his best friend from that year." I answered and Avery smirked.

"That's why you are my best friend. You have such awesome revenge plans." She said proudly.

"Girls!" Mrs. Smith called out to us and we quickly grabbed our stuff and walked over to the rest of the group.

Mrs. Smith handed out our key card.

"Monsieur Dupont and I want everyone back down here in one hour, so we can go get the suits for the guys and the dresses for the girls." Mrs. Smith said with excitement.

Avery and I looked at Liam and Sebastian.

"See you guys later!" Avery called out and I laughed as she ran to the elevators, dragging her suitcase behind her.

I saluted the guys and followed Avery, as the boys just shook their heads. But they also ran after us, and then made it just in time to the elevator.

We where going to go dress and suit shopping in an hour, and I couldn't wait to find my dress for tomorrow night.