ONE - DEAD MAN TELLS A TALE

CHAPTER ONE — DEAD MAN TELLS A TALE
everything changes — part one

CHAPTER ONE — DEAD MAN TELLS A TALEeverything changes — part one

"I'm so sorry, love, but you're dead." — zara harkness

THREE YEARS LATER(after prologue)

THREE YEARS LATER
(after prologue)

ZARA HARKNESS LOVED THE RAIN. She loved the feeling of it on her skin, quickly spiralling down her flesh as if the droplets were racing to see who could fall to the ground first. She loved the pitter patter it made, the sound that echoed when it ricocheted off the roof, the calming and relaxing rhythm that according to her father, soothed her as a child on restless nights. And she loved how badass it made their team look as they strode through it without a care in the world.

They arrived at the scene because yet another murder was terrifying the streets of Cardiff. Zara was usually one for murder mysteries and serial killers, but this was getting on nerves. And that was saying something.

Even though the crime had nothing to do with aliens, the rift or any other weird thing, they were still there. The reason being that in order for Zara's colleague and friend, Suzie Costello, to try and control the Resurrection Gauntlet, she needed to practice. Honestly, the power of the Gauntlet made Zara feel sick because no one should have the ability to decide who lives and who dies, that would make them a monster.

The team crowded around the body, prepared for what they were about to do. Zara knelt down next to Tosh and glanced up at her father who seemed to have his head in the clouds. She was worried about him; he hadn't been the same since he got the news that his friend Rose Tyler had been on Canary Wharf's list of the dead along with Juniper Holloway, but he suspected that the latter was just to cut off loose ends. Still, it hurt.

"There you go." Jack said after allowing droplets of rain to fall onto his tongue. "I can taste it - oestrogen. Definitely oestrogen." He looked up towards the gloomy sky, rain dripping down his face. Zara just sighed, her Father was always saying random and unrelated things when they needed to concentrate, it was getting annoying. "You take the pill, flush it away, it enters the water cycle. Feminises the fish."