10

This will be a shorter chapter in Wilburs POV. Though it's still in third person.

Wilburs POV (Third person)

   Wilbur pushed himself back in his game chair after he got off the phone with Everleigh. He had a wide smile on his face as he thought back to their random conversations.

    He missed it. He missed the random conversations the two would share randomly. He all in all missed her. She was his best friend and he lost her.

   "What's that smile for?" Niki said walking into Wilbur's room. Niki had been staying the weekend with Wilbur while she was in town.

   "Do you remember me telling you about that girl I was friends with in high school?" Wilbur said. Niki did a small nod before taking a seat on Wilbur's bed.

   "Well turns out she was best friends with most of the DreamSMP and so we reconnected." Wilbur said with a smile. Niki's straight face turned into an instant wide grin.

   "Was it that Leigh girl! Oh my gosh she seems so nice!" Niki gushed. Wilbur laughed and nodded.

    "She is nice. Very nice." Wilbur said dreamily. Niki laughed at his reaction.

"You sound like you're in love with the girl." Niki joked. Wilburs smile faltered at the statement.

"I was, at one point." Wilbur said sadly. Niki looked over at her friends with a confused look.

"Back in middle school I had the biggest crush on the girl. Though who wouldn't of known. Our parents had practically had our whole wedding planned out before we turned fourteen." Wilbur explained, laughing slightly at the memory of their parents planning a wedding.

"Well what happened?" Niki asked. Wilbur shrugged softly.

"High school happened." He let out a sick laugh. Niki motioned for him to continue.

"I met this girl, well I knew her for years but we didn't talk until high school. We got close. I drifted from Everleigh and eventually we lost all contact." Wilbur said rubbing the back of his neck awkwardly. Niki gave him a disappointed look.

"Well why didn't you try and reconnect things?" Niki asked with a raised eyebrow.

"I did. After graduation." Wilbur mumbled.

"Well what happened?" Niki questioned.

"She was gone. I went to her house after the graduation party held at my school and her mother told me some of the worst news. She had moved to America. She moved away to get away from me." Wilbur mumbled out. Disappointment laced his words.

"Well did you try talking to her throughout high school, like before graduation?" Niki asked. Wilbur nodded in response.

"There was one time actually. She was walking home and I stopped her. I have never seen her so cold towards someone Niki. It was almost like I didn't even know who she was anymore. She just blew me off. She told me to forget about her." Wilbur said. His heart aches as he thinks back to the memory.

Niki frowned and placed her hand on his shoulder in support.

"But she is here now Wilbur. That's all that matters." Niki said with a soft smile. Wilburs down turned lips slowly lifted into a small smile.

Wilbur knew Niki was right.

Everleigh is here. She is back. She is even talking to him which is so much more than he had expected her to do.

"You're right. It's all that matters now." Wilbur said, matching Niki's soft smile.