Chapter 29 - within the fleet

Sea of Balinese. 300 Kilometres away from alervon bay.

Japanese 2nd strike group.

January 7, 1774.

With the victory over at the keto outskirts reported back at the homefront, both japan and America cheered on this victory, as the morale within the country was very high. Somewhere in the deep parts of the sea of Balinese, The sounds of the waves hitting the ship below were music for the sailors above the flight deck, and the luminous sun was nothing like before, far from their homeland, many Japanese sailors within the Carrier Izumo, watched the endless sea as many talked about their loved ones' back at home. The day was bright and the sky was bluer than ever and within the strike group, Kongo and shimakaze class destroyers form the strike group, as the centerpiece of the Carrier group being than the JN Izumo, with the carrier group in motion they set sail within the deep parts of the newly known, 'sea of Balinese' as sailors and locals from alervon and the artesian. With reports that an American 6th fleet being more than 200 kilometers from their position, the task force doesn't mind joining the Americans with many seeing the potential. Sitting atop of the flight deck, the deck was filled to the brim with aircraft such as 10 F-3E Mitsubishi multi-role jet fighters parked in rows with its distinctive bright Blue colors which could be noticed from afar. The famous license production of the American F-18 Super Hornet, receiving the license to produce them back in 2004, over 83 Planes were made back in 2016, operating within the navy the F-3E is a Navy's favorite Fighter, as 4 of their carriers would be using this same aircraft.

The top deck was quiet to say with many of the sailors walking around as they did their task, some sat near the island relaxing as the sun rays hit his hat. Dozing away the sky was perfect to him as the sounds of the thunderous F-3 could be heard at the distances as the Pilot within the F-3 radios out.

<<This is fox-1 cruising by.>>

It thunderous sounds pass by the Carrier group, as the crewmen within the carrier look upon the fighter with men looked at each other pleasing look, with the day like any other, many of the crew above the deck were relaxed out, with many sitting and watching the endless ocean waiting time to skip so many can eat there lunch. within the carrier bridge admiral Hikaru gazes at the endless ocean as the men within the carrier bridge were quiet as ever as a way not to disturb the admiral, looking back to his right to see an empty cup, he was disappointed to see that the morning coffee that he had earlier already was empty, he groans and he sits back properly back at his chair, and seeing this he looks back at his XO and wonders about the current situation.

"We were notified to take out a potential fleet somewhere here, and now HQ wants us to join the 6th fleet, because of the alliance. Shit doesn't make sense."

Admiral hakurei memorizes that for the past 3 weeks, the japan navy had nothing throughout the war, other than watch and patrol the alervon sea, with many changes and the lack of military operation for the navy, this was the only time he was given a role for the task force that would get them a fighting chance other than saying at the port. Even so, reports about the potential invasion were somewhat lacking with no information on what ship class would be sent out and how many would come. 

With the conflict being a joint operation, Japan too was given intel from the Americans side through the war as both forces kept in touch as the war was progress to a much lengthier wad, but even with cooperation Japanese intelligence said that some of the Information that was given was somewhat unsatisfactory, and getting the statements from the men aboard USS Oklahoma city, inform about apprehended the adversaries from the attack earlier, revealed that a strategy to invade alervon was formulated not too long ago, joining along with the Americans wasn't bad for Hikaru, and looking to his private informing that the Americans are not that far from their position, gave a relief to the admiral, he leans down after the message was given out. Seeing that the bridge was starting to get quiet, the admiral soon gets up from his chair as he walks outside the railings, and leans to see the sea view for himself. The smell of the salty air and the feel of the sun hitting his face were refreshing to see. And seeing men below saluting at him, he immediately too saluted back as the men resumed their work.