Tutorial Stage #4. - Gathering Information.

It didn't take too long for Kyu to get back to the school building, yet it still didn't leave much room for him to get to his next class. He hurried down the hallway, there were still a number of people in the hallway, but it was substantially emptier than it had been earlier. Lucky, the boy thought, seeing as this would make getting to his destination a fair bit more convenient.

The boy moved quickly through the hallway. Occasionally brushing past other students, but after a couple of minutes he made it to the assigned room and walked inside...

*

Nearly four hours had passed and Lunch had finally arrived for the boy. Kyu quickly moved through the hallway that was quickly filling with students and he moved swiftly towards his homeroom.
Once his location had been reached, Kyu closed one of the oak doors behind him and he sat down in his seat near the back of the classroom.

He slid something out of the compartment under his desk, it was a black box that he had stored earlier in the day when he had a free moment. Kyu placed it on top of his desk and raised the lid off of the box to reveal the food inside. The boy looked down at his creations, tonkatsu with a few lemon slices beside, a decent portion of rice, and shredded cabbage with a few other vegetables mixed in.
Kyu removed a pair of chopsticks from inside of the bento's lid and placed his hands together, muttering a phrase in Japanese familiar to everyone.

The boy had been enjoying his food very much, so much so that he genuinely got annoyed when there seemed to be a commotion in the hallway outside of the classroom.
Even some of Kyu's fellow first years were crowding the now open doorway to the room, and that prompted the boy to stow his bento box back in his desk.

Kyu stood up and moved to the doorway, he peered past the students blocking the room's entrance and saw a glimpse of crimson hair. He adjusted his position and found himself staring at two teenage girls.

"Who are they?" The boy asked no one in particular, but to his luck, someone responded.

"They are the most popular girls in this school, heck, maybe the entire town!" A student who Kyu hadn't bothered to pay attention to told him enthusiastically.

"Thanks... can you go into greater detail?" The boy asked his fellow first year.

Kyu shifted his eyes towards the student and saw a female around his height with long, brown hair. She had black eyes and a few freckles dotting her cheeks.

"Rias-oneesama-- The red-haired girl, is known as the school's 'Number One Beauty.' She's in her third year and is the President of the 'Occult Research Club.'" The girl informed Kyu.

"I see... isn't there someone else there?" The boy said, craning his head to get a better look. He could've sworn he saw someone else beside the supposed 'Number One Beauty.'

"That is Akeno-oneesama. Many see her as a rival to Rias-oneesama's  beauty, but there hasn't been any visible conflict between them... she's also the Vice-President of the Occult Research Club." The first year student explained.

"Oh... kay..." Kyu replied because he had a feeling he needed to.

"They are Rias Gremory and Akeno Himejima... the 'Two Great Ladies' of Kuoh Academy." The girl finished dramatically.
"That's..." Kyu paused to find the right words.

"That sure is a thing." He stated.

Kyu was just about done with his conversation, but the female student continued.

"The Occult Research Clubroom isn't even in the school building. Rias-oneesama got permission from the Student Council to use the old school building as their clubroom!" She told the boy.

Okay, that... intrigued the boy.

"Wait. So instead of a room, they get an entire building?" He asked.

"Yeah, they do." The girl confirmed. Kyu narrowed his eyes at the girl, not in any towards her, but to the judgement he was currently directing towards the two girls at the top of the school "hierarchy," and the Student Council.

"So, there's just like... no equality." Kyu tried to confirm.

"It's not like that! They just have the old school building because--" The girl abruptly paused.

There was a moment of silence between the two.

"You don't know, do you." Kyu narrowed his eyes, very much at the girl this time.

"Okay, maybe I don't know. But it's fine!" She insisted.

"But... how exactly is that fine? Doesn't that seem like favoritism?" He asked. The boy had more points to make, but he was suddenly shushed by one of the other students huddled by the doorway.

"Sorry..." He apologized and fell silent. He glanced into the hall once more before backing away from the group huddled by the door.

Kyu waited by his desk for the group to disperse. It took a few minutes, but eventually people either tried following the two older students at a distance, or simply lost interest, much like Kyu.
The boy's first impression of the "Two Great Ladies of Kuoh" wasn't... great. In his mind they seemed people who were using the easily-swayed minds of the simpletons around them to gain influence. "Oh, well." Kyu thought, as long as it wasn't him who was getting manipulated. He wouldn't do anything about it... unless they asked for it.

The boy was kind and all... but he would not hesitate to insult someone so horrendously that they would be left stunned.

*

The sun had begun to set by the time the final bell had rung.
When Kyu exited the building with the other students, the day had drained him. He had already known that his first day would be exhausting, but with the added creepiness of the old building, and the hierarchy system that had apparently been put in place... he wanted to go home and just rest. And so, he began walking back to his house.

The journey back to his humble abode was uneventful, and relatively boring. But he didn't mind that. When he had entered his house and told his parents about his first day at school, he was starting to relax a bit. He had talked with his parents about the old building and the hierarchy system, and they agreed with him that it was a little weird. But it wouldn't have been anything too harmful. The rest of the day had passed by peacefully, and when dinner was over, and the kitchen was clean, Kyu went upstairs, entered his room, and promptly flopped onto his bed. Falling asleep immediately.

He would have to gather more information about the school, his new abilities, and the new norm of his odd life. But as of now... he just needed to sleep.