Chapter Five

That night, Edwin took all three older boys out to his back porch and had a campfire. Mason had already gone to bed. Mike asked, "Grandpa, did they find the Omega Rings?"

"No," said Edwin. "But y'all's daddy put out a pretty big reward for their safe return. One hundred thousand dollars! And that's for EACH RING! They'll turn up."

"Mike," asked Miles, "Are the marshmallows ready?"

"Almost," said Mike, "By the way, Miles, I'd take it easy on the coke. That's your third one tonight! The pill might not work with this level of soda consumption!"

Edwin said, "Yeah. Finish that one, then no more soda tonight."

"Okay," said Miles.

Mike and Matt finished the marshmallows and stacked the smores. There was enough for everyone to have two. 

Matt said, "Lord, thanks for these smores, and thanks for Grandpa. We might not be alive without him! And thanks for catching Vicky! Amen."

"Amen," said everyone else.

The boys finished their smores, and hung out for a while until it was time for bed. All three boys took turns in the bathroom getting ready for bed. Miles joined Mason in Clara's old bedroom, while Mike and Matt slept on the living room couch and love seats. Edwin came and tucked in all the boys. He told each of them that the next day he would take them to the famous Hillbilly Golf Course, located at the entrance to Gatlinburg. All three boys loved the idea.

Once he was done checking on the boys, he went to his bedroom to watch TV. Everyone slept well that night for the first time since the Liebermans moved to Tennessee, knowing they were finally home free.