#12) Weekend Gone Wrong- Secret Trio

Prompt #12) It'll be fun they said. Secret trio. Mid S3 for DP, mid S2 for AD:JL and RC9GN

The walls of the room were close enough that in dragon form Jake could have reached from end to end with his wings. Too bad he couldn't wrangle himself out of the sphinx-hair net and chains holding him pinned against the floor to use the eye of the dragon. Without windows the only light came from a small crack under the far door... and Danny's luminescent eyes on the other side of the room, narrowed pointedly at him.

"When you suggested a guys weekend this is not what I had in mind." Danny grumbled, pulling against the ecto-cuffs holding his body aloft against the wall.

"How was I supposed to know Rotwood'd gotten his hands on ghost tech?" Jake tried to cross his arms on principle but his bounds barely let him move an inch. "But what I don't get is how R- the ninja managed to get away when you can literally turn invisible."

"I wasn't planning on needing to turn invisible. You said Rotwood's small fry?"

"He is- was- I don't know. Him being competent is new."

Green eyes rolled in a very creepy way given Jake couldn't see the rest of the body housing them. "Just my luck."

"Hey I don't enjoy being tied up either ya know."

Danny managed to not knock his head against the wall. "Well if 'the ninja' doesn't get his butt in gear I'm going to haunt him my entire afterlife."

"Bro you know how whacked that sentence is?"

"What is my life?"

Jake was saved from having to answer by the screech of the door hinges. Bright white light filled the room, making both occupants wince and close their eyes. In that moment a thud of something hitting the floor sounded just before the door slammed shut again. Danny and Jake winced at the impact. With the light gone Jake couldn't tell what had been put in the room, but Danny inhaled sharply.

"Ninja?"

Jake jerked forward only to hiss in pain when the chains cut deeper into his wrists. More concerningly no noise came from the ninja- who had a penchant for never shutting up. (Which, Jake reflected, was unusual for a ninja who was supposed to be stealthy.)

"Just great." There were a lot of other things Jake wanted to say but that summed it up.

They lapsed into silence other than the occasional clicking, and subsequent pained gasps from Danny. Time trickled by. Tension built in Jake the longer Randy went without making any noise.

"What'd they do to him?" He finally asked aloud. Really more of a rhetorical question since he and Danny hadn't seen Randy since Rotwood's attack, but he needed to voice it.

"I'd like to ask Rotwood." Danny growled. His eyes flashed a brighter green. Jake winced, remembering Danny's obsession. "You know Rotwood the best. What do you think his game plan is?"

Sighing, Jake shook his head. "This is way outside his usual MO. Dude's a total narcissist. Him not rubbing it in my face he's caught us, that feels way off, yo."

"So what-?"

Footsteps sounded outside the door. Both Jake and Danny went still. Slowly, to the point Jake didn't have to snap his eyes shut against the light, the door creaked open again.

"American Dragon. We officially meet." If possible Jake froze even more. "Or should I say, I finally know who you actually are." A gray haired man looked smugly down at Jake's prone figure.