-35-

JINX

They'd packed up everything they could, and they were leaving the prison. It wasn't forever, just a ploy to make the Governor think they'd left after Merle's death. She and Daryl had missed a lot in their excursion to find him, Rick had receded his declaration on this being a dictatorship from months earlier, deciding that going forward they would vote on what would happen and Maggie and Glenn had gotten married. Jinx was happy for them, but felt guilty for that happiness when she could see how much pain Daryl was in.

She sat on the ground beside him as he packed things into the bags on the motorcycle, they didn't need to speak. Carol came over and Daryl glanced up at her. "You know, Merle never did nothing like that in his whole life." He told her, staring at the bike that once belonged to his brother.

"He gave us a chance." Carol told him holding a hand out to pull him up before she walked away. Daryl looked down at Jinx who was still sitting cross legged on the floor. He repeated Carol's gesture and pulled her to her feet, they both grabbed their bags and walked over to join the others by the cars, dumping their bags in the back.

Rick and Michonne emerged from the cell block and they all made their way away from the prison they'd been calling home.

___

Jinx was hiding in the woods nearby with Hershel, Beth and Carl. They could hear the shooting and explosions. When the alarms started blaring they knew that the Governor's group had made it into the tombs and the shooting quickly started up again, she knew that Maggie and Glenn would be taking them on, both wearing full riot gear for protection. She was relieved when the shooting began to die down and she heard the engines of the Governor's trucks pulling away.

They started to come out from behind their hiding place just as a young guy in a beanie ran towards them holding a rifle. Carl stepped forward cocking his gun, "Whoa, whoa, whoa, woah, Don't shoot." The kid skidded to a halt in front of them. Jinx stepped behind Carl, gun in one hand, the other resting on the knife at her belt.

"Drop the weapon, son." Hershel told him, also holding his gun up to point at the boy.

"Sure." He held it out towards Carl, "Here, take it." He told the boy.

Carl shot him anyway, Hershel and Jinx's eyes met, wide with surprise.

___

They walked back into the prison carrying their bags, Beth carrying baby Judith. As Jinx's eyes sought out Daryl in the entrance of the cell block she saw Rick kiss the baby's head and then turn to hug Carl.

Daryl found her, pulling her into a brief hug, his head ducking down to rest on the top of hers for a second. They pulled away and looked at each other, she only needed to look at Daryl's face to know this wasn't done yet; they would be hitting Woodbury back just as hard. He went to walk out the door and she followed him. She'd let him sideline her for the attack on the prison because it meant she could protect the others, but she wouldn't be left behind again.

Maggie and Glenn stayed behind, they didn't know where the Governor was and wanted to be at the prison to defend it if he returned. It would only be Rick, Michonne, Daryl and Jinx going to Woodbury, everyone else would be staying at the prison to begin repairs and start clearing out the walkers.

She and Daryl were on the bike in front of the pickup carrying Rick and Michonne when they came across the Governor's truck. They slowed to a stop, there were bodies and walkers all over the road. Jinx jumped off the bike, her knives in her hands before Daryl had even put the kickstand down. He moved more slowly, collecting his crossbow from the back as Michonne drew her sword.