Seven

Seven

As Shawn made his way across town into the rough, ghetto neighborhood, he saw that his cousin Makai hadn't reported back to him about Kealah's uncle.

"This nigga gone make me kick his ass." He thought to himself

Just as he was about to call him, Makai called in.

"Nigga what took yo ass so damn long?" Shawn asked furiously.

"Nigga chill. I was handlin' some business." Makai retorted.

"Business my ass. What did he say?" Shawn asked, referring to Sammy.

"He's in. I think this could be a set up. Ain no pig tryin' to get in the game this late in age." Makai said in an unsure voice.

Shawn thought about what he had heard. "You know somethin ion know youngin? I'd hate to think my own blood is creepin' on a nigga."

Makai let out a chuckle. He was upset about what Shawn said to him but he wouldn't let him know that. "Nah nigga. You got life fucked up several different ways."

"Yeah. Yeah. Yeah. Whateva lil nigga. What about that fine ass broad we saved?" Shawn asked, smirking at the thought of her.

Makai felt Shawn smirk through the phone. He grew very envious that Kealah like Shawn instead of him. Shawn was always the one that got the girl, leaving Makai alone in the shadows. He decided that it wasn't goin down like that this time. He couldn't and wouldn't let it happen.

Makai thought of a quick lie. "Her uncle made it clear that she off limits."

Shawn scoffed. "This nigga aint my daddy. She still working at 'Tittie City'?"

Makai replied with a quick "yeah."

-

As the sun set low, Kealah's eyes did too. Just as she was going in a nice, peaceful sleep, her phone rang.

She sighed and answered in a groggy voice. "Hello?"

"Caramel, I believe you forgot that you had a job here." A deep, barritone voice said through the phone.

"N-No daddy I didn't" Kealah said, sitting up as she heard the voice.

"I'd hate to have to persue what we said would happen Caramel." The voice said again

"Please..no." Kealah said.

The voice chuckled. "I expect to see you every night this week. Right?"

"Yes daddy." Kealah said with tears rolling down her face. 

He laughed and hung up the phone. Kealah found her head burried in the pillow crying. She knew it was no escaping this. She had gotten in too deep. She pulled herself together and walked to her closet. She was about to leave her world of comfort and into a world she didn't know.