Anniversary (Lucius.M)

(First Person)

I flicked through my book, reading about the history of Malfoy Manor. To me it was just a house, with tall ceilings and windows. Elves running around and hiding from my beloved husband, the rooms i have to keep my children out of because of the dangerous magical items they hold.

When i first came to visit Lucius i didn't know it was Lucius yet, i thought it was going to be an old pureblood man from a foreign country. Obviously, being a young teenager it was frighting to find out i were to be married to someone i hardly love or even know, but little did i know... i did love the man i were to marry, with all my heart.

I always thought his love interest was Narcissa Black, but i clearly thought wrong. Lucius just thought Black was someone that he could have a small fling in his older years of Hogwarts and he did just that, both of them moved on after fucking every fortnight.

The thing that was shocking to me, well everyone, was that Narcissa bloody Black was Lesbian- yes, she does seem to be someone who hates anyone who isn't 'normal' but she herself isn't normal at all, well normal to the Ministry. When the day that Narcissa was caught kissing a young girl, around the age of 20 was the day the Wizarding World blew up. The papers had her name and a picture of Narcissa kissing the girl, nobody stopped talking about the wedding a few years later as it was just amazing- it shocked me that Lucius had received an invite to it and was able to take a plus one, being me obviously.

Taking in a long deep breath i close my book and set it beside me in the empty spot beside me on the wooden tree swing, the red flannel blanket over my knees and the brown wool cardigan kept me warm through the autumn breeze, pulling the sleeves over my hands and pulling the cardigan around me tighter to keep all the heat to my body that i could.

I just take in the peace and quiet that i have before the dinner date with my lover.

"Daddy, where is mummy?" I heard a small voice came from behind me, who i recognised to be my five year old daughter, from the doors of the house.

"I think she is on the tree swing, princess." My beloved husband spoke back and i rolled my eyes as i now know that i have no more peace.

Staring up at the grey sky and running my hand through my hair, listening to my daughters small footsteps and the crackles of the leaves underneath her feet.

"Mummy?..." Cecelia spoke quietly from my left as the swing rocked to and fro in the small breeze.

"Yes, pumpkin?" I answered back, turning my head slightly.

The smile on her face grew wider as her eager eyes moved to beside me where the book i had been reading was placed, her eyes flicker back up at me and began to move her feet shuffled towards the chair swing- her hands now on the edge of the wooden object and swung her legs up to be sat beside me.

"Can you read to me?" she questions, taking the book from the other side of me and held it in her lap, the book taking up all of her lap as she was just a small little three year old girl.

"Oh, darling, this book isn't interesting," I chuckled lightly, pulling her into me side and the blanket over her legs so she wouldn't be cold, the book going back into my clutch, "Its not like the ones me and daddy read to you." I state.

A small frown comes upon her face, but i simply kiss her forehead and scooping her up in my arms. I held the blanket that was over my lap around Cecelia's shoulders and she giggled as i placed her on my hip, also carrying the book in my other hand as i walked back up the garden and into the house, shivering a little as the temperature from cold to warm was sudden.