I'm Sorry (Rose.W)

Rose's POV.

I remember our first date, i say date but we first went on a somewhat of a date as you were my model for an event. Anyway, you were all nervous and you even bought me flowers. You had a beautiful blue silk dress and a black trench coat that's belt wrapped around your waist.

God you're just amazing, no wonder every boy and girl were after you. You're just wonderful.

Your beautiful eyes shining in the daylight, your gorgeous body all small and bundled up in the cold. I just wanted to pick you up and wrap you in my arms to keep you warm; safe. Never let you go.

I thought i would never have the courage to propose but Daphne insisted i did it, after all we had already been dating for over a three years and coming up to our fourth.

I knew how much you loved just browsing through jewellery shops and gawping at the shiny diamonds in the windows, me offering to buy a necklace or a bracelet for you but you didn't care for any of them type of jewellery; it was a ring. I didn't think you noticed that i saw you staring at the diamond sliver encrusted band, i would never of guessed that you would like that kind of ring but it is absolutely gorgeous.

So maybe a week or so later, i waited until you had something to do and thankfully you always did, yet you always wanted me to be beside you so we could spend even more time together. You were catching up on your favourite TV show which you know i couldnt stand as it was one about Death Row.

I was sat on our bed rooting through your calendar to see what days you had totally clear, not days where you had to pop out for something but days where you had to do a little something the day before and then had the next three to four days completely clear, marking crosses through them and drawing a crown beside the three boxes.

All of our bags were packed after i told you to pack only essentials that you'll need over three-ish days because you tend to over pack.

When we got to Gatewick airport, you were so confused as you didn't have a clue where we were going but all you did know what that we were going on a plane for a three day stay in a different country, you were staring at me and i smiled. I stumbled back as you jumped onto with your legs wrapping around my waist, kissing me whilst you laughed manically like a teenage girl.

"God... i love you..." You whispered, kissing me again and i had to drop my carry on bag so you wouldn't fall, my hands resting underneath to keep you up right. You sniffing a little as you had come down with a cold recently after how cold it had gotten in New York.

"I love you too..." I laughed, feeling you slowly drop from my arm and i looked deeply into your eyes, not having to look up at you as much as you wore higher normal comfortable shoes, "Come on, i booked us the finest hotel and then we were going out for dinner..."

From there, you didn't stop kissing or thanking me for bringing you out here, reminding you of how long you have been away from your home.

I proposed to you in the rain. I didn't want to do it in the restaurant as it was crowded and i didn't want you to feel uncomfortable with all the attention on you. We were drenched but you still said yes....

I wish we made our marriage happen faster, i know you wanted it to be perfect and everything to be just right, but you left me. And i didn't even know you were ill..

Y/N , you silly woman. I thought it was just a cold.

Narrators POV:

Rose slowly moved from the bench she was sat at, wiping down her black coat and tightened the belt around it so it would fall off as she stood up.

Wiping her tears and sighing out gently, she crouched down beside the marble headstone and slowly kissed the top of it, her hands trialing over it gently, the sound of the two rings on her fingers clashing against it; a promise ring from Rose when they were on there two years of dating and the engagement ring she proposed to Rose with.

"I miss you, Y/N...." She whispered, her knees falling against the mud and the heaven opened, rain falling down onto her but only to silent the small sobs that left her mouth, "Come back... i want a hug... I could really do with breakfast in bed..."

"I'm sorry..." Rose spoke again, her soft curly blonde hair now soaked and sticking to her forehead.

Whilst she spoke to herself, she felt a hand slowly rub her shoulder causing her to mumble her Fiancé name but then she turned to look up at who it was and it was her beloved best friend.

"Let's get you home..." Daphne spoke gently, a clear umbrella over her head and slowly helping Rose up, looking her arm through hers.

Daphne nodding gently to Y/N's grave, letting Rose lean against her whilst small sobs left her lips as she walked back to Daphnes car.