Early birds

The sun was out, the grass was fresh and lush sparkling with drops of water in the rays of the glowing sun. The air was cold and sharp to breath in but ever so refreshing. It was a wonderful day in the cookie kingdom Early morning to be exact. Few cookies where awake at this time but the little early birds that where where mostly flocking to the bar for a morning drink. Little foot steps could be heard coming across the grass to the bar. Flower pot in arms rosy cheeks his little apron on herb cookie walked to the bar. He took a seat at the end of the bar so he could sit his little plant at the end of the wood chances if it getting knocked off where slimmer this way since no cookies would be round it to hit it by accident. Sparkling cookie looked over to herb having been cleaning a glass cup.

"Ah! Good morning herb" he smiled and slid over to his resting his head in hand as he learned against the table. "What can I get for ya?" He asked the other. "Just the usual please"  herb smiled warmly. Sparkling cookie nodded and grabbed a mug from the back, he didn't only serve fancy drinks some cookies enjoyed some juice or tea perhaps even a coffee. Sparkling grabbed a spoon stirring the drink it stream lightly off to the side disappearing into the air. "Order up" sparkling spun round gracefully and carefully slid the cup onto the table to herb "one cup of green tea for one green fingered cookie" he chuckled. Herb laughed softly as he picked the tea up "thank you sparkling darling" he smiled giving the tea a little blow seeing as it was still very hot. He took a little sip before putting it down "ah lovely" sparkling smiled softly looking at herb "hmm... your lovely.." herb lowered his cup from his mouth looking at sparkling "what was that?" Sparkling face went red and he looked away going back to drying glasses off with his little white cloth "nothing! I didn't say anything sorry" he smiled nervously. "Oh alright" herb smiled and continued to drink he cup of tea before it went cold.

————————————————————————

Herb put down his now empty mug onto the wood with a little clank. "That was wonderful thank you sparkling" he smiled warmly. Sparkling smiled "your welcome anytime, I'm guessing your off now?" He asked looking over at him. Herb gave a small nod whilst he hopped down from his stool, he picked up his plant carefully. "See you later" herb waved goodbye as he walked away. "See you herb!" Sparkling waved back watching as herb left "love you.." he whispered quietly. He picked up herbs mug and took it away to clean.

————————————————————————

Herb headed back to his cosy little house nestled around cascades of beautiful florals. He walked down his path way and opened his door. He stepped inside whipping his feet on the rather scratchy welcome mat and shutting the door. Humming quietly to himself he walked through the house to the back garden which was just as covered in greenery as the front. He knelt down on the soft ground and picked up his trowel beginning to dig a hole on a flower bed for a new plant. Around the garden there where sets of flowers in little cardboard trays that he needed to be planted and that's just what he planned to do. He usually just gardened, took walks, water his plants not much else happened to him he had a routine that was never broken.

————————————————————————

Meanwhile, sparkling was busy serving cookies with drinks. He was making all sorts of drinks from a glass of champagne and cocktails to simple juices and hot drinks. Once most of the cookies had gotten they're drinks and had a good chit chat weather it be with sparkling or with another cookie the bar was empty. Sparkling was just at the back cleaning glasses as he usually would when no cookies where around however his mind was wondering to herb cookie from his sweet soft rosy cheeks to the little way he walks so delicately. Sparkling smiled with warm cheeks thinking about every little detail about herb. He couldn't help but adore him he even dreamt about him, to hold his hand give him little kisses before they snuggled up to sleep together. Gosh it made his heart thump so hard. Maybe he should ask herb on a date. Yes that would be a wonderful idea! He'd go get some flowers and asked herb if he wanted to go on a date with him. He smiled determinedly and put down the clean glass in it place. He pulled out a little triangle sign that read closed on it and place it on bar. He left the small joint and went on his way to get flowers and tidy himself up even if he was already looking ship shape. He wanted to look perfect however, this was a big deal after all. Even though excitedly and full of determination to ask this question one thing hit him repeatedly like a bullet of dread.

Did herb even like him back?