Hey, can i ask you something?

It was a calm afternoon, nice and warm the sun was out and happy chattering and cookies working filled the kingdom. Sparkling was heading over to herbs home he was hoping he could get them to go on a walk and take him to a nice field filled with florals where no one would disturb them. He gave the door a gentle knock not wanting to harshly bash it and scare poor herb. He got a call from round the back however "I'm in the garden come on round!" Herb called. Sparkling should've know herb would be working in his garden what else did he ever do? Sparkling took in a breath and slicked back his hair a little "you got this.." he breath out under his breath. He put his bunch of flowers behind his back and walked back to herb "hello herb" he smiled trying not to seem nervous even if every fibre of his being burnt with anxiety. "Hello sparkling" herb looked up smiling softly. "I'm very sorry to tell you but I'm going on a walk im a minute or two" herb said as he got up and slipped off his soil covered gloves. "Oh! I was going to ask if you'd go on a walk with me" sparkling replied pleased herb was going to go on a walk anyways. "Oh that sounds lovely sparkling I'd love too just let me water the sprouts and than we can leave" he smiled warmly as he grabbed his green hose pipe and connected it to the tap on the back wall of the house. He turned the little star like handle and picked up the end of the hose and watered his plants with the misting nozzle on to prevent over watering. He walked around a little to get all the plants. "Sparkling would you be a dear and turn off the tap for me?" He looked over at sparkling. "Sure" the yellow haired cookie went over and turned the tap off stopping the gentle mist from the hose. "Thank you" herb popped the hose down again "alright let us go" he smiled happily and began to walk off. Sparkling jogged over to catch up with him and walked side by side. Whilst walking they stumbled across gingerbrave. He had soda and peppermint running around him "beach time beach time beach time!" They chanted in unison. Gingerbrave watched them "i can't take you I don't know if I'm allowed too" he replied rubbing the back of his neck. Herb went over sparkling following along "is everything alright gingerbrave?" Herb asked kindly. Gimgerbrave sighed and nodded "yeah.. soda and peppermint just wanna go to the beach but.. I don't know if could watch them soda has a tendency to run off.." gingerbrave looked at the young boy who giggled. "Hehe I suppose he's just excited to explore everything in the world" Herb knew that feeling he want to know about every plant there was to know about. "How about sparkling and I come along? It would be lovely to take a walk beside the sea" gingerbrave smiled "oh would you? That'd be great!" Herb smiled and nodded he looked at sparkling as to ask you wanna? Sparkling nodded once and smiled softly. Soda and peppermint smiled excitedly. Soda shoved his board under his arm and held peppermints hand "come on the waves won't stay forever!" He said and ran off peppermint ram along side him gingerbrave sighed gently feeling this could be a bit of a handful but herb and sparkling Just chuckled. The three followed after the smaller children and headed off to the seaside.

————————————————————————

Soda and peppermint headed straight for the shimmering waters of the sea hoping onto sodas popsicle surfboard. "Cowabunga!" Soda shouted standing on the board. Peppermint stood behind him hands round sodas waist as he looked out over the seas with a soft happy smile. Gingerbrave sat down on the soft creamy coloured sand. "Ahhh I have to admit I'm glad we went" he smiled looking out at the sea. Herb and sparkling joined him "indeed the beach is beautiful" herb nodded. Sparkling looked about "hey how's about a walk along the shore line?" He asked looking down at herb. Herb looked up at him and nodded with a happy smile he loved going on walks. He got to his feet wiping away and little grains of sand. He walked along side sparkling once again along to shore like of the waters. Sparkling looked at him and stopped which caused herb to also halt. "Sparkling?" He asked confused. "Herb could I ask you something?" He said swivelling his foot in the damp sand nervously. "Of course" Herb said resting his hands in front of him he looked at sparkling, sparkling ma face was pink with blush as he sweated anxious to ask. "Would you-" he was cut short and soda and peppermint wizzed by "whoa!" Herb jumped. Sparkling and him both looked at the two as the zoomed around on the board. "They're going rather fast" Herb said worriedly as he watched them. "Yeah..." sparkling agreed just as worried for the twos safety. The young cookies crashed into a rock tumbling into the water ungracefully with a splash. "Oh my.." Herb raised a hand to his mouth in shock. "Oooh no..." sparkling looked around a little hoping to see them resurface. Both gave a sigh of relief when the young sea lovers popped back up laughing. They grabbed the board and swam back to shore. "Total fail" soda said smiling even though he'd fallen. Peppermint giggled "indeed" Herb knelt down to the two checking them over "your not hurt are you? No scraps or cuts?" They shook there heads "nope were all good" soda smiled brightly. "That's good best be more careful next time" soda and peppermint agreed and than headed back out into the waters. Gingerbrave walked over to them. "Everything alright?" He asked them. Sparkling nodded "yeah soda and peppermint just fell off the board is all" gingerbrave looked over at them surfing again "I suppose it's gonna happen where they okay?" He asked looking back at sparkling "yeah they where all good, Herb here acted like a mamma to them and checked them over" sparkling gave Herb a little nudge Herb chuckled "oh hush you, they're children they need to be looked out for" he smiled watching them both. "Well I found some coconuts anyone wanna try cracking them open with me?" Gingerbrave laughed. "Ooo me I'll do it I bet I can find some more stuff and make a drink out of it" sparkling said eagerly "awesome!" The three went back over to where gingerbrave had been sat and worked on opening the coconuts. Sparkling had to keep making sure Herb hadn't seen the flowers and luckily he hadn't yet so he was in the clear.

————————————————————————
The sun was beginning to set over the sea making the usual blue and glittering purple lined by orange and pink sky's. Herb stood up "it's getting late now, we should get back home" gingerbrave agreed as did sparkling. Herb walked over to the tide a little and called for soda and peppermint to come back to shore "soda! Peppermint! It's time to go home now!" Peppermint and soda came back over "Aww do we got to?" Soda asked sadly lifting his dripping goggles up. "Yes soda I'm sorry, we could always come another day" soda perked up a little hearing they'd come again another day "yay! Okay!" Soda smiled. He picked his board up putting it under his arm again. He held peppermints hand looking at him with a soft smile. Peppermint smiled back "let's get home before the sun goes down completely" gingerbrave began his way back home. Herb sparkling soda and peppermint followed. Herb was walking a little in front of sparkling happy and content as he usually was with such a calm expression to him. Sparkling was still thinking about that failed attempt at asking Herb the question it was bothering him a bit now that they where occupied with anything to distract from it. Soda and peppermint where falling behind tired from surfing around so much. Herb looked back he did this every so often as he couldn't hear any chattering from them. "Aww you guys tired now?" He said and walked over. The two nodded tiredly. Herb smiled softly "would you like me to carry you both?" He asked and Knelt down. "That would be awesome" soda replied calmly whilst peppermint gave a little yes please. "Alright one of you can get onto my shoulders the other i can Carry" soda and peppermint where both the same height so it didn't really matter but they weren't the same weight, soda was more of a stocky muscular built than peppermint was he was more a delicate but healthy figure. Soda got onto herbs shoulders smiling as he felt taller like he could conquer the highest of waves. Herb picked up peppermint and sat him in his arms carrying the children back. Sparkling looked at him "hehe herb you sure are the caretaker" Herb chuckled softly "I suppose I am" all the kindness Herb showed and the love and care just made sparkling swoon he was so perfect in so many ways. Hed try to ask again tomorrow and hopefully succeed this time. The made it back to the cookie kingdom, Herb went to sea fairy and moonlight they usually took care of the young sea cookies. Herb dropped off the two and said goodnight to them. Sparkling waited at the end of the path for him. "What a day" Herb said with a gentle sigh "I'm not a lazy person but gosh to just lay in bed sounds like a dream right now" he smiled. Sparkling smiled softly "I'll walk you home than you can get all comfy in bed" Herb have a soft chuckle "sounds wonderful thank you sparkling dearest"

————————————————————————
Herb was back home now, he was getting settled for bed. Hed changed into some comfy pyjamas which consisted of dark forest green flannel patterned pyjama pants and a soft jumper patterned with white leaves and mushroom imprints. Hed taken a quick shower and had a warm mug of tea whilst his hair dried off to help him sleep. He sat his alarm clock for his usual 6:30 am and hopped into bed with a content sigh. He did like to be productive but it was always lovely to get in bed all tucked up and cosy. He turned out the lamp making the warm glow cease with one click. He laid there with his eyes closed all his muscles relaxing as he drifted off into a peaceful sleep till morning.

————————————————————————
Sparkling sighed gently he placed the bunch of flowers into some water to keep them fresh for tomorrow. He sat at his dinning table head in hand as he rested his arm on the wooden top. He was still bummed out from that fail, it was plaguing him like a disease. He took a breath in and got up from the table. "There's always tomorrow" he muttered to himself and switched out the kitchen lights off heading upstairs for bed. He changed out his cloths in into some comfy pyjamas nothing very fancy like his cloths really, a Loose T-shirt for maximum comfort, and a pair of pyjama pants which where patterned with clouds he thought they where pretty cool. He picked up his alarm clock and set it for 6:00 am. He switched the lights out and climbed into bed getting comfy under the sheets. He closed his eyes switching all thoughts off for the night as fading away into a world of dreams.

There's always tomorrow right?