Again?!

Sparkling was up and ready today, he was determined to ask herb out on a date. Hed taken that fail and used it to give him more time to prepare himself. Originally he hadn't a plan for what he was going to do when they go on a date if Herb said yes that was but now he knew. They'd take a lovely walk in the forest together And they could go out for lunch at a cafe. It was flawless the perfect plan for the perfect man. Sparkling had said that to himself whilst practicing in the mirror he couldn't help but laugh at it what an amazing phrase. He headed over to herbs place with the flowers again. He gave the door a knock and heard little footsteps herb opened the door "good day herb" sparkling smiled. Herb smiled back "hello sparkling so good to see you again come in come in" Herb stepped aside. Sparkling came inside "would you like a drink?" Herb questioned softly as he walked into his kitchen. "Ah yes please" now it wasn't common Herb wasn't in wearing his formal attire but this was one of those rare days where he wasn't. He was wearing a hoodie in a pretty light yellow patterned with cute little cartoon bees and flowers along side a pair of jeans that where slightly loose around the cuffs and some fluffy socks. "I'm sorry for my appearance I didn't really plan on much but gardening today spinach cookie very kindly offered to give me some sprouts to plant" sparkling swatted his hand down almost as though he was doing that fruity hand thing. "Pff don't be silly you look wonderful in everything" herbs cheeks went light and rosy "aw sparkling thank you" he smiled warmly. "Of course" sparkling replied and sat down at the dinning table. Herb got out two mugs "what would you like?" He asked "you got any coffee?" Herb nodded "I do indeed" he got out some coffee and placed a spoon of the ground up stuff into the mug. He wasn't sure why he had coffee he wasn't the kind of person to drink it for himself he got out a tea bag labelled with peppermint tea. He filled the kettle and popped it onto the heating unit and switched it on.

————————————————————————
The two sat chatting happily whilst drinking the mugs of warm beverages. Sparkling smiled softly finding himself staring at herb dreamily dazed by those beautiful eyes and radiant tan skin. Herb used to be a peachy colour but after so long working in the hot sun gardening Hed gotten a beautiful golden brown to him that just never faded. Sparkling had always wanted to tan, you know just experiment with himself but he never found the time. Herb suddenly got up from his seat snapping sparkling from his daze. He watched as Herb went to the door and opened it greeting spinach cookie with a warm welcome. "Oh so good to see you darling" He smiled. "It's lovely to see you too Herb looking wonderful as ever" Herb chuckled "sparkling said the same thing, please do come in will you be staying for a while?" He asked as spinach walked in her hair bouncing with her steps. "Oh no I've got lots of work to do today, I must harvest the fresh vegetables that grew in the autumn seasons" herb nodded once "I see well thank you so very much for the sprouts let's put them in the garden for now" herb slid open the door to the back garden and stepped out into the sunlight his green hair shining like a real bunch of Luscious leaves. Spinach followed behind and placed down around three wooden crates of sprouts. "Oh look at them" Herb said as he picked up a tray of the little plant saplings "so small and pretty" he smiled gently touching the leaves. He placed the tray back in with the rest neatly. "Well I'll be off, see you later Herb" Herb waved "good bye darling" spinach left "bye sparkling" she said not forgetting the yellow haired cookie. "Bye" sparkling waved. He went into the garden with herb his nerves spiked again. "Oh herb may I ask you something?" He asked. Herb nodded "of course sparkling" he said as he got up and picked up the hose pipe again. He tied it onto the tap again. "Would you like to go on a-" sparkling almost finished but he was cut off once again just as yesterday as Herb let out a squeal of surprise. Water sprayed in all directions before the hose popped off. "Ugh... dear me.." Herb said wiping his face free of water. "Please do excuse me sparkling I need a change of cloths" he said with an embarrassed smile. "Of course Herb" sparkling replied. Herb went inside dripping wet, he head up to his bedroom to change his cloths leaving sparking in the garden. Feeling a little soul crushed, he was so close that time! He almost did it.. but the world had other plans it seemed.

————————————————————————
Once Herb had changed and was all dried off again he worked on planting those little sprouts. Sparkling decided hed help out with the planting. "You are very good at planting sparkling" herb smiled as sparkling carefully placed a sprout into the ground. "Aw why thank you it's nothing compared to you" Herb smiled "oh I've been doing this for years sparking even I'm not the best Gardner ever, maybe one day" Herb carefully removed a sprout from its black plastic tray and popped it in a little hole Hed dug. "Say how about tomorrow you come on another walk with me? It's lovely spending time with you" Herb smiled warmly. "Oh I'd love to, I enjoy spending time with you too" sparkling smiled back. He seemed calm about it but boy, his heart was racing with joy pounding his chest like a drum. "Wonderful" Herb replied smile getting bigger.
They continued with there gardening happily talking and even making a few jokes. They did this till evening and it was time for them to get ready for the night. Herb headed inside with sparkling, the garden lit with moonlight and little lamps Herb had placed around the flower beds. "It was wonderful having you here today sparkling I can't wait to go on a walk with you tomorrow" he smiled. "Me too i love spending time with you" herb and sparkling looked into each other's eyes both there faces went warm. Herb looked away "well... I best be off to bed! Need to wake up bright an early to get ready" he said trying to hide his warm cheeks. "Ah yeah me too, night Herb see you tomorrow" sparkling said and left.

————————————————————————
Herb was sat on his bed dressed and ready for bed. His mind was Charging with thoughts had sparkling seen him blushing? What did he think? What if he'd embarrassed himself? He sighed gently and climbed in under the sheets picking his alarm clock up and setting it for his usual 6:30 am. He put it on his little bedside cabinet carefully and turned the lamp off. He rolled onto his side tucking his legs up a tad and pulling the sheets high up and round his shoulders. It was okay sparkling didn't mention anything and he didn't seem to think anything of it so it was okay. He drifted off to sleep after a few minutes peaceful and mind calm once again.

————————————————————————
Sparkling looked at the slightly wilted flowers and placed them in the vase Hed have to get some fresh ones tomorrow he could give herb slightly wilted flowers he just wouldn't allow himself too. He switched out the kitchen light as he headed up to his bedroom. He entered the bedroom and walked over to his wardrobe getting out some pyjama wear. He put on the comfy sleep wear and climbed into bed. He looked at the time he was a few minutes late for what he usually liked to be in bed by but not by much. He picked up the alarm clock and set the time for the alarm to wake him. He turned out the lights and climbed into bed laying on his back looking up at the ceiling. "... it'll happen... just gotta give it time.." he reassured himself and closed his eyes. He drifted off slowly leaving behind the worry and dread that Herb could say no or he'd never get to ask.

It just takes a little time is all it'll be fine