#1

Everyday early in the morning Aakanksha had a habit of going to the temple and pray for her childhood friend Darshit Chowdhury . Darshit was staying in the States due to higher education. Aakanksha used to stay at the  Chowdhury's house where her mother used to be a house-maid and her father their driver. Due to an unfortunate incident at the tender age of 6 she lost both her parents and from that day she has been staying in the Chowdhury house under the care of Jairaj Chowdhury who was the owner and the CEO of the Chowdhury textiles. He loved Aakanksha like her own daughter, but his wife Mrs. Pooja Chowdhury, his brother Mr. Gautum Chowdhury, Gautum's wife Mrs. Sneha Chowdhury and Jairaj's daughter Divya never considered Aakanksha as a family member. For them she was like a leech. Aakanksha used to do all the household chores from cleaning to cooking from a very young age. But Jairaj made her study and from the age of 20 she started working for the Chowdhury textiles which Pooja did not like at all. She had a brilliant brain and made many complicated projects a success due to her wisdom. She is a wise, hard-working and respectful towards everyone. All the kids in the neighborhood loved her a lot.

It was one such morning and Aakanksha had just returned after her prayers from the temple. When she reached her house she heard Pooja and Gautum were happily talking about something." Look at these photos bhabi (sister-in-law). They all are the daughters of different business clients and I think one of them is perfect for our Darshit."Gautum announced happily. To this Pooja smiled and said"True Gautum, our Darshit is a prince and he deserves a princess to be his wife." Listening to all these conversations she felt a pang in her heart as she was in love with Darshit from an age when she did not know what love was."Due to Jairaj's love only you are dancing on our heads, and don't complete a single work on time. It's already 8 am, when the breakfast is going to be made? You only know is to roam around and do nothing. Don't forget you are the daughter of our house-maid, so you are also a house-maid. Don't try to be the queen of the house, ungrateful girl. You are just a dependent who lives in our house as we pity you. Don't forget that and get back to work", Pooja angrily spatted seeing Aakanksha standing there and listening to their talk. At this moment Jairaj came in the hall and listening to his wife's words said,"You can't talk to her like that. She is like my daughter and Aakanksha beta you don't need to do any household chores go and study." "Dad you only care about is her not me", shouted Divya who was standing at the staircase and listening to all the conversations.

"And you Aakanksha where did you get this new dress from?" Divya asked pointing to the blue salwar(an Indian attire) she was wearing."Who gives you the money? Is it my dad or you have some special arrangements or some special person who gave you the dress? And by the way what do you put on your face? It is glowing. Tell where do you get the money from or you steal it from my room when I go out? There is no use in all these dear, no prince charming is going to come and ask your hand for marriage. You are a house-maid's daughter and you are nothing more than a house-maid, so don't dream my girl. If someone has to marry you it would be a driver or a daily wage worker. So come out of your dreamland sweetheart", Divya said mockingly to which Pooja and Gautum started laughing. Aakanksha couldn't take it any more. She busted into tears but did not back answer them as she feels grateful to the family for taking her in when she had no one left in the world. Arunima Chowdhury, sister of Jairaj was present in the hall having her tea. Listening to Divya's sly comments she said,"No one has ever gifted this girl anything from the time she has been here. It's either bhai or me. I manage with whatever I have and sometimes take bhai's help. And Divya you said na if she uses your make up products or not, she doesn't need any makeup. She has a heart of gold and she is naturally beautiful." "Leave na bua it's okay. It was my mistake I did not pay attention to my work", saying this Aakanksha left for the kitchen to prepare breakfast.

Suddenly the telephone started ringing. Divya picked up the call and squealed with happiness after cutting the call."Maa Darshit is returning today. He has already arrived at Kolkata and he will be back home within 2 hours." Hearing this all the family members became happy but the happiest was Aakanksha as her childhood friend and the love of her life was coming back. After serving breakfast to everyone she started preparing all the favorite dishes of Darshit as instructed by Pooja. When she was busy with her cooking Pooja went to the kitchen and said,"You better stay away from my son. I don't want you near him. From childhood only you used to stick to him which I don't want, you better remember." Saying this she left the kitchen leaving Aakanksha to her own thoughts.

Darshit was feeling nostalgic on returning to his Mother Land, back to home town to his mother, his own house and back in his family. When he reached  the mansion he saw a group of people dancing and enjoying. Darshit was shocked to see the gathering. "What is going on here?" Darshit asked out of curiosity and came to know that his family had sold the mansion and are staying in a house way smaller near the corner of the street. He was shocked would be an understatement. After near about 15 mins he reached a house way smaller than the mansion he used to live. He rang the door bell and was welcomed by his mother in a tight and warm embrace. He became emotional as after 15 years he came back home. He was welcomed by all family members except for the person whom his heart was searching for so long but his eyes couldn't find her once he reached home.

Aakanksha eagerly wanted to go and meet the person to whom her heart belonged  but couldn't as she promised Pooja she will stay away from Darshit as much as possible.