#5

"What were you going to say Darshit?" Aakanksha asked as Darshit was unable to speak his heart out. "No..nothing, I was just saying stay away from Devansh if you know about me", Darshit said stuttering and left the place after giving a small squeeze to Aakanksha's hand. A month has passed since Divya's birthday and Divya had been behaving indifferently with Aakanksha. Aakanksha's day had been starting with the taunt of seducing her sister's man and ending with the same taunt. There were two days left to Holi( the festival of colors, an Indian festival) and that morning it was a shocker for the Chowdhurys. Divya was missing from the house.  "Because of you my daughter left", Pooja spatted angrily at Aakanksha. "Maa what did I do?" Aakanksha said hurt visible in her voice. "You can even question back? Great. Because you seduced Devansh and took her from Divya she left the house without telling anything. You are staying and enjoying on my husband's money and you do this to his daughter. Ungrateful bitch,"Pooja said venom dripping from her mouth. Aakanksha could not control her tears more as she could see hate in Pooja's eyes which she never wanted.

The next two days were not eventful for Aakanksha. As usual her days used to start with abuses, curses and taunts. It was the day of Holi. Aakanksha got up early. After praying to God she freshened up wore a white kurti with white pants. She left her hair open. After getting ready she walked towards Darshit's room as she wanted him to be the first person to whom she applied color. When she entered Darshit's room he was still asleep. She was smiling brightly looking at Darshit's peaceful face. She took a handful of colors and smeared on Darshit's face and left the room. She was hiding behind the curtains outside Darshit's room. When Darshit woke up he found color was smeared on his face and he instantly knew whose work it was. He found Aakanksha hiding behind the curtains outside his room and he went towards her playfully to apply color to her. Aakanksha started running around the house with Darshit behind her. The two were enjoying the play when Aakanksha suddenly ran towards the garden to escape Darshit. "This is not fair Aakanksha. You know without getting changed if I go out I will get a scolding from bua." Darshit said whining like a child. Aakanksha laughed seeing Darshit whining and left towards the garden.

The Chowdhurys were having a blast in the festival. Aakanksha was playing with colors. Darshit came out to the garden and saw Aakanksha. A smile crept on his face. Her face was glowing with happiness, her long curly hair was flowing in the air as she was playing around with the kids.  As she was running around in the garden she collided with a hard chest. She looked up and saw it was non other then The Reyansh Malhotra their business rival. Aakanksha was beyond shocked so were the other members of the Chowdhury family. "Be careful. If you stumble now what will happen in the future?" Reyansh said in a mocking tone while helping Aakanksha as she was about to fall down. "What are you doing here? What do you need?" Aakanksha questioned Reyansh impatiently. " Why are you so impatient Aakanksha ? I will tell everything clearly. Just wait for it and Mr. Chowdhury be ready for your downfall." Reyansh went towards Jairaj and said with a devious smirk on his face. " What do you mean Mr. Malhotra?" Jairaj said anger evident in his voice.  " Cool down Mr. Jairaj, I will tell everything and with legal papers", Reyansh said in a calm tone showing a bundle of files. "This is your gift for Holi Mr. Chowdhury I hope you will like it." Reyansh said smirking. "What do you want from us Mr. Malhotra?" Aakanksha asked fuming with anger. " Chill down Ms. Aakanksha. I have just come here to give you gifts on the occasion of a festival and you are shouting at me? " Reyansh said in a calm tone.

Aakanksha was totally enraged now. "What do you want from us Mr. Malhotra? Please leave our house." Darshit said. He was also losing his temper. "Wait let me explain Mr. Darshit. I see that due to the sorrow of your daughter leaving you have forgotten everything Mr. Chowdhury. " Reyansh said. "What do you mean Mr. Malhotra?" Jairaj asked confused. " I think I need to explain everything. Your company's market price has dropped drastically and within one night your company is going to get bankrupt and here you all are celebrating Holi, the festival of colors, happiness and love . I think your family members should have this news before me, but see being your rival or so called enemy I have all the details. One more thing Mr. Chowdhury  this house also belongs to me and within 24 hours you need to vacate the house." Reyansh informed the Chowdhurys. "What without any prior notice how can you tell us to vacate the house within 24 hours.?" Jairaj asked confused. "Wait Mr. Chowdhury . Court has sent the letters several times," Mr. Bansal Reyansh's lawyer informed the Chowdhurys. " We did not get any such letters, right Baba?" Aakanksha asked Jairaj to which Jairaj nodded his head negatively. 

"What do you actually want from us Mr. Malhotra?"Aakanksha asked in a voice filled with surprise and fear."Nothing much, just the downfall of the Chowdhurys." Reyansh said getting irritated and angry. Jairaj couldn't take anymore. His health started deteriorating but he was still standing there. "I will not allow you to do any harm to this house and you can't take this home under you. This house was my Baba's and h has built it with lot of hard-work, love and car. I won't allow you to destroy it."Aakanksha said challenging Reyansh. "Great attitude Ms. Aakanksha I would also like to see what you can do. You just have 24 hours. If you can save your house otherwise it is mine and Happy Holi to everyone. I hope you liked the gift." Saying this and looking at Aakanksha for the last time Reyansh left the Chowdhury house. All the members of the Chowdhurys were deeply in shock as they did not know what to do and howto manage everything. Their happiness and the festival became a nightmare for them.

What will Aakanksha do now? Will she b able to save the house and live her dream life with the person she wanted to. What is waiting in store for the Chowdhurys and especially Aakanksha.