CHAPTER III: The Black Fairy

<<Meanwhile at Magnolia's prison>>

Natsu was resting inside a cage. The punishment for his crimes had already been decided: he was going to be publicly executed the next day. He actually had no plan to get out of there at all. Though the truth is he wasn't planning on just dying without a fight.

He then decided to look through the window of his cell and noticed he had a clear view of the ocean from there. He spent his time there watching the sea, but then he startled at the sight of a ship at the distance. It was a ship that he knew very well

"No way... It's the Fairy!" he muttered to himself. "What... What is it doing here?"

That ship was a pirate ship, and its full name was actually the 'Black Fairy'. But in reality, that's not how it was called any longer, for the current captain of it had changed its name to a more appropriate one.

The ship then suddenly began firing its cannons at the city from the distance. Cannon balls crashed against the port, the armada's fort at one side, and also some streets. Then the pirate crew from the ship got down and began looting the entire place: robbing the stores, messing up the houses, and terrorizing the people. There was no stopping the atrocities.

During this time, Lucy's father was still at the fort alongside Loke and many of the other members of the Celestial Officers. Loke then ordered his men to start firing back at the pirate ship in the distance. Also, many of the other members of the Celestial Officers headed into town to protect the people.

On the streets, Levy was running away from the destruction. But suddenly, a pirate attacked her from behind and tossed her to the ground. The pirate was about to kill her. However, she was fortunately saved by Gray.

"Are you okay?" Gray asked while helping Levy get up.

"I've been better" Levy replied.

They both began searching for a safe place to hide. But then, Levy noticed there was a group of pirates heading towards Lucy's house. She exalted and immediately tried to go and help but another group of pirates noticed her and tried to attack her and Gray again.

<<Meanwhile at Lucy's house>>

Lucy woke up due to the loud noise that was going on. She noticed that the city was being attacked and realized there were people entering her house. She immediately tried to hide inside a closet, but when the pirates reached her room, they slowly began approaching it.

"You can't hide from us" one pirate said with a smirk. "If you come out now, we'll take the gold from you and not hurt you that much... hehehe..."

Lucy realized it was the pendant what the pirates were looking for. She didn't know why, but perhaps she could use that to her advantage. Then, the pirates finally opened the closet in one go.

"P-parley!" Lucy yelled as the pirates found themselves confused. "You gotta take me to your captain now. According to the pirate code initiated by sailors Warrod, Yuri and Precht, the action of Parley gives the enemy the right to meet the captain of the opposite ship. You must take me with your captain now!"

"I know the code, stupid girl" one of the pirates said.

Then, they all looked at each other for a while and ended up accepting. Therefore, Lucy was taken alive and out of her house.

Levy and Gray arrived at that moment. They noticed Lucy was being taken away and tried to intervene, but then they decided not to do it because of the huge amount of pirates that were there.

<<Back at the prison>>

Natsu received the visit of a duo of pirates from the Black Fairy. One of them had long black disheveled hair, and piercings all around his face and arms. The other one was a woman of pale skin and long slightly curled blue hair. Their names were Gajeel Redfox and Juvia Lockser respectively.