chapter; 4

I promise to be there for you.

And he kept the promise he made to you, he did comforted you when you were at your lowest, he did laughed together with you when you would accidentally make the flour fall over you. He did smiled sweetly when you did silly things such as doing his makeover as a barbie, and all those was enough to make you fall for him. The thing was, you didn't knew what you meant for him.

Spending hours in distress thinking when drifting back to dreamland what he felt for you, you never did anything special for him. You never comforted him like he comforted you, he was way more private and you respected it. He needed time to open up and you knew it was worth waiting.

Yet the thoughts of who he actually was, and what if he had a family captivated your mind, not letting you in peace, since the day you realised  you were in love with him. Maybe it was fast, but it was new to you and you enjoyed the feeling of being accepted and appreciated, there were no bitterness and no unnecessary sexual desires too, it was just pure, and for you. It was love. 

--

Just like another ordinary day, you came back home from library, just to find how silent the surroundings was.

"Yoongi.." you called out, nothing but silent greeted you, it was unlike of usual, the tangerine light of sun setting which reflected on the river nearby fell on the floor from the window.

You thought where he possibly could be and went towards your decided destination, and there he was, in the piano room staring out from the glass window, he was too quiet as how he usually was.

I stepped for him, crawling beside him, "what's the matter Yoon?" I put my hand on his shoulder, and he didn't flinched, he never did, shaking his head gently, he continued to look outside with the same confusing empty look within his eyes.

I raised my eyebrows at him and he knew there's no way I believed what he meant,  better, what he lied about.

"I may not remember everything Y/n, but I miss my home, I miss my people, I somehow miss all those presences which used to be around me before I was thrown into this pond of darkness," his eyes moved from the sun which already seemed like swallowed by the water body, to look down on his lap, the sad smile he wore on his face and the lonely stare his eyes gave off sorrowed me beyond words, I never wanted to see him sad in any way.

I sighed before taking his hand into mine and connecting our eyes with a soft gaze in mine, "Yoongi, I'm so sure they too miss you, I can understand how lonely it must feel being all by yourself without your family. And I must say you're really strong, maybe do you have any idea how can you go back or maybe can you tell me about your family, about the people at your hometown?"

He smiled as he recollected what seemed like the most beautiful moments of his life, and indeed they must be, he looked like he was living as in there again. I could just admire him while he spoke.

"I remember where I used to wake up at, the sight of sun was always pleasant, reflecting a gentle cool feeling as it smiled through the sea infront. I remember I would sneak out to play at strawberry gardens with my friends, where when I used to come back. My mother would always greet me lovingly and feed me pancakes which she would make, for my father. I can't even recall how he looked like, just how a group of people dressed in red and golden would sit and talk with him for hours. How I too was forced to wear a blue tight uniform for some reasons, where at the hall in the left corner would sit a girl. She was soft by her nature, her words were sweeter than the honey itself, how glorious she was. Her brown hair tied with a white bow on the top of her head and how beautifully she would smile which made my world light up. She was the one I loved and cherished.  I miss her, I miss all of them."

"That is...indeed beautiful, I can guarantee you, one day your wait will worth it and you will go back to your home. I promise."

"You came in my life as a gift by nature itself Y/n, I am forever grateful to have you."

He smiled sweetly at me, mumbling another sweet thank you to me. He stood up and left the room, probably to complete some tasks he left undone.

But here I was still stuck at one thing, or one person, that girl, there was no explaination of how badly my heart shattered. How I thought for once that we could be, but the fear on the corner of my heart came true, we weren't meant to be.

I wasn't the one who was supposed to love him. It was someone else. I knew my love him was never fading away, but I loved him and love is selfless isn't it? Although it broke me, although it made my soul feel horrendous.

I knew I can't stop loving him, heck, I wasn't even sure if it was love. Everything felt being too fast out of nowhere. But even if it wasn't love. It hurted, it made my body shiver with terror if I'm gonna lose him. How badly I was just swallowing my tears, and I knew this time even he couldn't console me.