Chapter 68

Chases pov
"Ready for our last day in Mexico?" I say in a funny accent, making Mads laugh. "I don't want to leave but I do miss the kids" she says and I feel the same way. It's paradise here. "It's your special day, I've arranged it all. From start to finish" I tell her. I'm gonna take her for breakfast and then for a manicure afterwards before we head down to the beach and go jet skiing.

"Well I'm ready to leave whenever you are" she says. "Perfect, let's go Mrs Stokes" I say and grab her hand as we walk to the breakfast place. "Pancakes?" She asks surprised as she sees the menu. I nod and smile at her. "This is a great day already" she tells me. "Just wait" I say secretly.

"Ready for a manicure?" I ask and she looks at me happily. "Really?" She asks and I nod. "What are you going to do?" She asks. "I'll sit and FaceTime the kids until you're done and the next activity starts. Enjoy yourself and relax. I also may or may not of booked a massage in for you" I add and she smiles bigger. "You're the best, I love you" she says and kisses me. As Mads went in to get her nails done before her massage, I found a sofa in the reception and FaceTimed Olivia.

"Dadddd" she says happily when she answers. "Ready to see us tomorrow?" I ask but she shakes. "I like spending time with Grandma and Grandpa" she says and I pretend to look offended. "Surfings amazing out here, Liv" I tease. "Shut up Dad, I'll hang up" she says with a smile. "Ok, ok. I'll be quiet. Anyways, how's your siblings?" I ask. "I haven't saw Els in daysssss" she says, dragging the s out. "How come?" I ask confused. "Auntie Madison has been sick, Els is looking after her" she says and that's news to me, Ellie has phoned me last night yet never mentioned it. "Is Auntie Madison okay?" I ask and Olivia shrugs, "I think she is now" she says. "Addie and Finn are with grandpa playing mini golf" she adds. "Why didn't you go?" I ask her. "Cause I wanted to make cookies with Grandma" she says happily and it gave me flashbacks of when Ellie first lived with us in Charleston and she loved making cookies with Maddie's Mom.

I talked to Olivia a little longer and then Maddie appeared, looking beautiful as ever. "Ready for a Jet ski date?" I ask. "You're serious?" She says, surprised and I nod. "Fuck yeah I am" she says a little too loudly which causes us to laugh.

The jet skiing was amazing, even though Mads was clinging onto me like a little kid because she though she would fall off. "Today's been the best, thank you" Mads says as we sit down for our final evening meal. We decided to go to the fancy restaurant on a date night, even though every night has been a date night. "You deserve it, you're the best Mom out there" I say. "You haven't talked about your Mom for a while, still missing her?" She asks out of nowhere. I thought about it, it's true. I finally accepted she was gone, 12 years later in my life but she was always a part of me. "Every second of the day, Mads" I say, refusing the get upset.

"I wish I could've met her" she says. "You've met her twin though, Ellie. They're so alike. Sometimes I have to just take a moment. Somethings Ellie does, is exactly the same as my Mom... it's weird but having Ellie makes me feel closer to her somehow" I explain to my Wife. "I definitely think this was meant to be... you know, me and you having Els as our daughter" I add. "Yeah definitely, I don't love her or Liv any less than Addie or Finn even though they're not our biological children" Maddie says.

"I love you so much Chase" she says, reaching over for my hand. "I love you more Mads" I add.

Ellies pov
"Cooper" I say, preparing myself for what's to come. "I.. erm Coop, I need to tell you something" I tell him and he looks at me suspiciously. "I don't want to give up the baby, ever since we found out it's a girl I just feel a connection. It's dumb, I know but I can't give her up. Cooper... I love her already" I say, kinda rushed. Cooper just listens and smiles, his eyes gleaming. He looked... relieved.

"That's what I was hoping you would do, Els. Ever since we found out we made a little one, I've felt love for her. I understand we are young but we can easily look after her. You're amazing with kids and I'm not so bad myself" he says with a smile. I couldn't help but laugh at the last sentence. "So what are you saying Cooper Pate, ready to have a baby girl and start a family?" I ask, smiling. "Of course. Next thing is I'm making you Ellie Pate" he says with a wink and I just laugh but I did blush.

"How are you doing as in mentally?" He asks me. He always checked up on me. "You know, therapy is helping me a lot. I've stopped harming myself. It's hard but I'm doing it. Overall I feel much better but there's still a long journey ahead" I tell him honestly. "You do make it all better though, Coop. You always have" I add.

"I'm so fucking proud of you Ellie. When we first met, I had no idea who you were or what your background was. As the days got on, I knew you more. I learnt about your love basketball and especially surfing. I learnt how loving you are towards everyone and how amazing it is to be your friend. I always felt like I needed to protect you. I use to think it was just a brotherly thing, you know? But as the months went by, I realised that feeling was love. I've been in love with you since we were 14 Ellie" he tells me, which makes me tear up.

"I always looked up to you Coop. You amazed me with everything you done. At first you were nothing but my best friend who I kept secretly glancing at and getting butterflies in my stomach. Watching you surf and do what you're passionate about made me catch feelings for you. I knew them I didn't want to be your best friend. I wanted to be more. I wanted to marry you someday" I tell him and hug him. He kisses me gently, "I promise that day will come, maybe not today but in the next few years" he says kissing me again.