xv

"Hi, what can I get you?" Wilbur smiles, offering a kind expression to a customer after me and Lea taught him that smirking with a glare scared off potential money.

The woman he was helping seemed to scan over his body a bit before returning the smile, pointing behind him to the chalk menu hanging from the ceiling. "A pumpkin spice latte please!"

Wilbur nods and turns back to see Lea working on cleaning one of the machines. "Did ya hear that?"

"Yup! Gimme two seconds!"

I watch closely as Wilbur waits for the drink with his customer still standing there. She was smiling— not looking away from the man —and I growled internally.

It doesn't take long for her to pick up a conversation. "So, how old are you?"

Wow... so smooth— not!

I walk over, grabbing Wilburs arm to lean up against him a bit, making his eyes catch onto me with an interest he hadn't held with the woman.

I feel my cheeks heat up, but ignore it in order to continue with my actions.

"Wil, could you grab the coffee beans from the back? We're running low," His eyes scan the unground beans we had, still packaged on the floor, looking back to me.

"The hell are you talking about?" He played coy with me, and I sigh, my eyes sparkling with a new idea in mind.

"You're an idiot," I roll my eyes, pushing Wilbur away while putting my acting skills to use just as he had. "Little shit..."

I mutter the last part before starting to walk off towards the back room, smirking a bit when a hand takes my wrist.

"What was that, Sweetie?"

His smirk was large, and I could feel the customer watching me, allowing my body to swell with a new confidence.

"You're a little shit."

He leans down and I freeze, backing up a small bit with his head scarily close to mine. It doesn't take much for him to lift his hand away from my wrist and move to my forehead, flicking the skin.

I flinch a bit before he goes back to the customer casually, Lea handing him the drink. "That'll be four dollars please," She nods absently, handing over the few bills required. "You have a nice day Ma'am."

I felt the joy build up as Wilbur purposely referred to her as ma'am, trying to make her feel older than she probably was.

It offered me the final laugh.

☁︎︎

"So, what was that all about," Wilbur inquired, taking his shoes off as we finally got back from the shop for the day.

"What do you mean?" I question, walking in to sit down on the couch with a relaxed sigh, finally off my feet after working on them for hours.

Wilbur follows, sitting beside me to pull my legs over his lap, slowly rubbing circles into their sock-covered bottoms, occasionally moving up to the calf.

"That woman trying to flirt with me while you got all cute and defensive."

My eyes widen a bit, not really expecting Wilbur to pick up on something so small. "How do you know I was defensive? I could've been poking fun at you."

His head shakes with a laugh. "I've been married once before, I know how you ladies act around each other."

His words catch me by surprise, and I sit up, feet moving a few inches away from his hands as I pull them into criss-cross. "You were married?"

He nods, allowing me to change topics as I let out a sigh. For some reason though, I could feel a boiling pit of jealously building up in my stomach.

I wouldn't show that though.

"Uh well she's... uhm— a fish! Yes a fish! A salmon to be specific," Wilbur seems to struggle for a second but he gets there, nodding his head to himself as if trying to recall memories. "My ex-wife."

I slow down a bit, the jealousy dying slowly at his description. "A... fish?"

Man I should've paid more attention to character plot. That, or I didn't watch the livestreams where this topic was mentioned, which wouldn't be too shocking.

"Yup! Our marriage may have been hard but I got something great out of it," He smiles, but it isn't the normal fake one... his entire face just seemed to flow with this smile.

I got curious. "What did you get?"

"My son of course," He smiles, probably thinking all about his boy at just the mention of him.

I, however, raise my eyebrows higher than they've ever been raised.

"A fish child?!"

☁︎︎

Vote?
Comment?
Follow?

Idk enjoy plot or fluff or whatever tf i'm doing at this point because i got no idea where i'm going with this.