xxxvi

It's been three days. Three days since I'd heard his voice, felt his touch. And I was in terrible shape.

"y/n? You haven't come out in forever, are you even still alive?" My friends voice speaks through the front door but I ignore her, not willing to talk.

I hadn't talked since he was taken from me, and I don't plan to until he gets back. He will be back. He wouldn't just leave me.

The television was on, and Beetle Juice was playing, but I wasn't listening. There was no reason to. Everything felt empty, meaningless.

My head hurt from crying so much, and my body was numb from laying in the same position, but it didn't matter. It never mattered.

"I'll come check up on you again later tonight. Make sure you're eating something."

Lea knew something had gone wrong with Wilbur, and thanks to a message from me the day it happened, she knew exactly what went wrong.

Hence why she was being so patient with me.

That massive depression soulmates go through... yeah, this is it. I'm broken, and no one in the world can fix me.

Unless it's him. Wilbur.

It hurt even more when I went to take a shower and saw that my marking was still strong, a constant reminder of what I had.

If I weren't such a persistent person; so determined that me and him were forms of mistakes, that our bond wasn't meant to be, I would have had so much more to offer him.

But instead, in the few months he was here, all I did was hurt him...

And in the end, that only gave me regret.

I curl in on myself further, the hoodie Wilbur left wrapped around my torso. It was cold inside the house, but I'm positive that isn't why I felt so urged to wear the clothing piece.

Another knock reaches my door, and I don't reply, again. No one needs me. It's fine, they can handle themselves. The outside world, I mean.

"I have a delivery for y/n l/n!"

Nope. Not moving. They'll leave it for me. "Uhm, I'm sorry but I kinda need a signature."

A groan escapes and I sit up, walking to the door with sore legs as I unlock it and open the wood. "What?"

The worker seems to scan me with wide eyes, and I roll my own, taking their pen to sign the receipt. "There. Give me."

They bring out some food and put it in my arms, offering a goodbye before walking away, allowing me to shut my door again.

Looking down, I see it was my favorite food, nice and fresh. "...Lea"

I smile a bit at how she was always so persistent, and I sit down at the table, opening the food up.

It's so quiet, I can hear every small movement I make. Maybe a few months ago I wouldn't even notice it, but now that I was used to Wilburs annoying comments and cheesy nicknames, I noticed the silence a little too much.

I hate this. I want the man back, he made me happier than I even knew, and I couldn't realize that until he was gone.

Of course I couldn't, because I never recognize. "Anything!"

I finish my thoughts out loud, head falling as I look at the food with sudden distaste, my hunger dying away rather quickly.

"Wilbur... I'll wait for you, just come back."

☁︎︎

Vote?
Comment?
Follow?

Okay yeah big brain time Km getting close to the end bois don't mind me (:

maybe I'll have fluff at the end?? orrrrr not?