Chapter 8 - Dinner Next to You

Ink's POV

  Maids checked the wound on my chest. Once they were done, they slipped my brown kimono on and offered me my katana. I took it and bowed to them.

  After I was done, I exited my home. I found Metallic helping a man push his wagon out of mud. I quickly rushed over to them to aid them. The mud soon released the wagon from its grip. Metallic wiped the sweat from his forehead and turned to me with a smile.

Metallic: Good morning, Ink. How is the wound?

Me: The maids say that I'm healing correctly.

Metallic: That's good.

  We walked around the village, helping people that needed it. Suddenly, we ran into Error, who was admiring the rice plants. I became warm and there was a racing feeling in my body.

  Error stood up, looking directly into my eyes. The small smile on his face made me become shy, causing me to look away.

'I don't understand why I act submissively every time I'm around him. Is it because of his dangerous aura that I feel?'

  The mysterious male walked towards us. My breathing picked up but I somehow managed to keep it hidden.

Error: How are you feeling, Ink?

Me: I f-feel alright.

  Metallic seemed to noticed my slight stutter but didn't say anything about it.

Me: When are you heading home, Error?

Error: I've decided that I'm going to stay in your village for some time. I need to make sure that you heal safely.

  I began walking when I felt warmth on my face. I didn't want them to see that I was blushing.

Error was at my side and Metallic kept a small distance.

Suddenly, a few children ran up to me. They called me by my first name as they weren't required to call me lord. They were too young to understand respect within names.

Child: Ink. Our ball is stuck in a tree.

I looked at Metallic with a smile. My brother returned the glance with a slight glare.

Metallic: You know I don't know how to climb a tree properly.

Me: Just try.

Metallic growled and followed the children. I trailed after them, Error staying at my side.

When we made it to the tree, I saw the ball stuck in the branches. I found a nearby rock before sitting on it.

Me: This is going to be good.

  Metallic looked at the tree. I could tell that he was trying to figure out how to get up there.

'Look for a secure point.'

  Metallic put his foot on a root, beginning to climb the tree. He hesitantly reached the ball and pushed it off. However, his foot slipped. He held onto the branch.

Metallic: Kids move.

  Once they moved, he let go but fell over when he landed on the ground. Metallic laid still in the mud.

  I lightly laughed after seeing Metallic's fail. I glanced at Error. He was staring at me. He seemed to have blush on his cheeks but, he still had a serious expression.

  Standing up, I walked over to Metallic and offered my hand. Metallic stood up and wiped the mud off of his clothing. He turned around with a playful expression.