Chapter 17 - Jade Eyes

Ink's POV

Metallic and I stood next to the river while cleaning our horses. Sora and Nabu rubbed their snouts together, seemingly in a way to communicate with one another.

  Error watched the village with the occasional glance at us. My brother gave the dragon a weird look as I had recently told him about our secret.

Metallic: Let me get this straight one more time. The man that you met on the mountain is actually a creature that was originally believed to be fictional but is not.

Me: Yes.

Metallic: He can control water and is able to eat all of us while still remaining hungry.

Me: Also yes.

  He turned towards me but continued to clean his horse.

Metallic: And you're in love with this creature, Ink?

  I nodded, feeling a smile come to my face as I thought about the dragon. Metallic shook his head and mumbled.

Metallic: I guess this explains why you haven't married a woman yet.

Sora stamped his hoof into the wet mud while I dipped a cloth into the water. My horse was in desperate need of a bathe after many battles.

  I gently rubbed the cloth against Sora's strong body. Dried mud and sand slowly washed away which revealed the snow white coat underneath.

  Sora bumped his snout into me with a feeling of restlessness. I could tell that he wanted to go for a run however, I pet him softly.

Me: I'm sorry, Sora, but you have to be cleaned. You are quite dirty.

  The horse shook his head, throwing his mane in the air and stamping at the ground. I quietly giggled to myself as I rubbed his back with the wet cloth. Once he was fully cleaned, I retied the braids in his mane as to keep it out of his eyes.

  I lightly pat him and told him that he could wonder where ever he wanted as long as he didn't get covered in mud. The horse trotted along the grass, kicking up dust behind his hooves.

Suddenly, there was breathing on my neck. My instinct was to grab the hilt of my sword but I calmed down when I realized that it was just Error. Turning my head, I saw his jade eyes. A smile appeared on my face just by seeing him.

He kissed my neck, hearing a small exhale from him.

  Metallic stuck his tongue out in disgust before walking over to his horse.

  Suddenly we heard the yells of a man. Error backed away from me and looked curiously at him.

Man: My lords, the Lyn clan is being attacked by the invaders.

  Error looked at me.

Error: I'll meet you there.

  I nodded to him as I whistled for Sora. My horse ran quickly towards me. I grabbed the reigns and jumped onto his back.

  Metallic followed closely behind on Nabu. The wind pushed against us as we rushed to the Lyn clan.

  We stopped on a hill between some trees. The village below was on fire and I heard screams. It reminded me of the Jade Village. Error appeared at the side of the trees.

I didn't give anyone time to talk as I jumped off and slid down the hill. Error soon joined me. I barged into the village and instantly drew my sword.

I killed several enemies, spilling their blood on the ground. Error viciously killed people and ate their souls to satisfy his hunger.

I began to head to another area of the village but stopped when I saw Asgore standing in the distance. He was staring at me with someone standing next to him.

It was a black haired, paled skinned woman dressed in a lavish kimono and holding a hand fan in front of her face.

Error stood next to me while digging his teeth into a soul. His jade eyes were glowing brightly as he noticed the woman.

The woman removed the fan, revealing her eyes. My eyes widened when I saw that they were the exact same as Error.

Error let out a threateningly deep growl, squeezing the soul roughly before eating the rest of it.

Error: ...

A dragon