I'm sorry

Tears streamed down Y/n's face as they hugged Inko tightly, "I'm sorry...I'm so so sorry. This is all my fault, I should've been there" Y/n took a deep breath as they began hyperventalating.

Inko patted her sons' bestfriends back, "You couldn't know-"

"But I did! He said he was going to train and..and I didn't try and follow him....I let him go."

Y/n sat in the class room of Aldera, emotionless. They looked to the seat beside them, where Izuku used to sit. Y/n put their head down on their desk when suddenly something hard slammed infront of them. Looking up quickly they saw Bakugo laughing as he picked up his text book.

"Wheres the damn Deku, magnet bitch."

"I don't know did you check the obituary?" Y/n asked as they looked up to their bully.

"The fuck do you mean?!"

Y/n said nothing as they laid their head back down on the desk. Bakugo and his minions began pulling their hair and and piching them. Bakugo pulled the H/c hair up so Y/n was looking at him.

"Answer me when I ask you a question! Where's Deku?!"

"Depends, he could be on the pavement, in a morgue, a coffin, or like I said the obituary."

"What?"

"You killed him remember?"

Y/n sat up panting for breath. They looked around at their surroundings. They had been having the same nightmare since it happened. The day Izuku Midoriya jumped off that building, Y/n's life seemed to not matter anymore. Y/n sat up and put on the U.A uniform before rushing downstairs to eat.

"G'morning Mom." They said as they opened the fridge.

"Morning kiddo."

Y/n grabbed a bagel from the fridge as their mom started talking again, "Are you excited?"

"Meh not really....it wasn't my dream."

"Y/n I know you miss him but you can't let his death get in the way of you becoming a hero."

"Is it getting in the way if it was his dream Mom?"

The woman took a sip of her coffee, "Well aren't you excited to meet All Might?"

"No."

"Y/n you can't-"

"Say it's partailly his fault?"

"Exactly."

Y/n nodded as they took a bite of their bagel, while putting an apple in their bag, "Alright, I love you Mom, I gotta go though."

"Have a good day."

Y/n walked out the door and to the next house, they knocked on the door before walking in the Midoriya household.

"Inko? You in there?!" they yelled as they heard a loud bang from the kitchen. Quickly rushing in they see Inko laughing holding a pan.

"Ugh sorry, you spooked me a bit." The woman said with a laugh.

Y/n sighed as they sat at the kitchen table, "You did the same."

"So are you excited?"

Y/n took another bite of the half eaten bagel, "For?"

"U.A silly."

"Oh uh kinda...no not really."

Inko looked to the teen, "You know he wants you to follow your dreams right? Even if it's ones you made together."

"But he's not here to help me with that anymore."

Inko took Y/n's hands in hers, "He wants you to follow the dream dear."

Y/n sighed as they nodded, "Alright, I'll try to have a good time, only because it's what he wanted."

Y/n smiled as they left the Midoriya house and headed to U.A. Heroes haad always been Izuku's thing. Even though Y/n liked heros too, Izuku was definetely the hero enthusiast.

Even after All Might told Izuku he couldn't be a hero, Izuku still admired him.

Flash back
~~~~~~~~~

"Izuku c'mon!" Y/n yelled as they ran towards Aldera.

Izuku tried to run as he tries to shove his note book into his bag, "I-I'm trying!"

As he finally stuffed the notebook away a certain blonde ripped his back pack away.

Y/n turned around seeing Izuku stumble backward. They ran towards the two as Bakugo started yelling.

"Useless Deku! You can't do anything for yourself! Maybe you should take a swan dive off a building! Maybe you'll wake up with a quirk in yiur next life!"

Y/n's eyes widened as they tackled Bakugo to the ground. Izuku's eyes widened as he tried to pull Y/n off of Bakugo.

"Y/n no! Stop!"

Y/n was finally pulled away, their hands sprinkled with Katsuki's blood.

The blonde hot head wiped his bloodied nose with his sleeve, "Look at that Deku, you can't even defend yourself."

Y/n tried to pull from Izuku's grasp on their arm but failed, "Come say it to my face asshole! Why so quik to pick on someone smaller huh!? Because you're weak!"

A few teachers ran from the building frantically and pulled the two away from each other.

As Y/n and Izuku made their way to class Y/n looked to the green haired boy, "Why do you care so much?"

The boy looked to his friend confused, "What do you mean?"

Y/n took a deep breath, "You're alwyas sticking up for him, 'oh hes my best friend' 'oh he wasn't always like that'."

"W-wait are talking about Kacchan?"

"Fucking of course I am! He's an asshole to you and no matter what you always want to protect him!" Y/n yells as they step in front of the door.

Deku put his head down as he walked into class, "You know why.."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Y/n walked along the sidewalk to U.A when they heard a voice behind them.

"L/n!"

Y/n turned abruptly, seeing Bakugo running towards them, "The hell do you want Kacchan?!"

Bakugo threw his hands in the air as he stepped next to Y/n, "Damn..I just want to talk."

"You should have thought about that before telling my best friend to jump."

"He didn't have to!"

Y/n spun on Bakugo, "But he did! Now there's nothing you can do!"