The light...not that light

"He's still here..."

Y/n groaned, "You keep saying that, but I honestly have no idea what you mean."

Katsuki stood up and walked over to the desk, "Deku grew up quirkless, as you know."

The blonde opened one of the drawers pulling out the notebook Midoriya had been using. Deku lit up in the corner. Quite literally, his body was glowing a greenish color while he spoke, "Woah woah, Kacchan, what are you doing? You can't just show them all my notes?!"

Y/n stared at the figure in the corner, "What the fuck is that thing....."

Bakugo blinked at the green light in his room, "Deku....that's Deku Y/n."

Y/n backed against the wall shaking their head, "No...no that looks liek a child who swallowed a glowstick that ruptured."

Midoriya's mouth dropped open, "Wow thanks Y/n how sweet of you"

Y/n's put their face in their hands sighing.

How could this be? Midoriya? Here? No... I mean...Y/n saw the body. They were at the funeral.

Bakugo sat next to Y/n carefully, "Listen loser, uhm....don't be all like freaked out."

Y/n lifted their head giving the blonde boy a small glare, "My presumably dead best friend is standing there glowing like a fucking glowstick and you're gonna tell me to 'not freak out'?"

Midoriya smiled softly. He'd missed this. The playful banter, the little glares, all of it.

"I'm still dead just...uh ya know here,"

Y/n shook their head standing up as they walked closer to Midoriya, pointing at his luminescent chest, "If you're here, then where the hell have you been?"

Midoriya was taken aback and somewhat hurt, "I...I was trying to find out...how I died."

The boy lowered his head slowly.

"I don't remember anything after our argument that day."

Bakugo stood up confused, he looked to Y/n.

"Argument? The hell were you arguing over?"

Y/n looked over to Bakugo, their voice quiet, "You..."

Bakugo looked between Y/n and Izuku who were both avoiding eye contact at all costs.

"What the hell are you talking about?"

Bakugo looked at the both of them, seething, "Answer me dammit!"

Y/n groaned as they looked at Bakugo, "It's not my place to tell you,"

They looked over to Midoriya, who was fading ever so slightly

"That's up to him to tell you."

Before the blonde could ask anymore questions Izuku disappeared leaving the two alone in silence. Y/n grabbed their bag off the floor quickly.

"I gotta go home."

They made their way to the door, trying to avoid any awkwardness that came. Bakugo tried to grab their shoulder but caught their bag instead.

"Listen, Y/n I... I wanted to tell you I just-"

Bakugo was caught off by Y/n turning to face him aggressively.

"You have no idea. No idea how long I've waited to hear you say you're sorry or hear his voice again or even be in the same room again."

Y/n's eyes were littered with tears as they looked back to Bakugo. His eyes widened as he looked to them.

"I know.....I missed him to ya know,"

He chuckled at the thought, "I might've been a dick but...he was a good guy."

The next day Y/n showed up to class in uniform but exhausted. They sat their desk sighing as more students filed in, at one point they were pretty sure they heard Bakugo arguing with Iida about not having his feet on the desk.

The day went by painfully slow, and Y/n stood, throwing punches at the bag while their mind was racing. They couldn't stop thinking about Izuku, and while this wasn't a new dilemma, it was still a problem.

Now that they knew he was here, how would this go? Could he still follow his dream? How?

Y/n groaned as they moved away from the lunching bag. It was useless. Nothing they could do would ever be able to help Izuku, and they knew that.

Bakugo watched Y/n from a distance. He was worried about his old friend. Sure, the two hadn't talked in months before everything with Izuku, but now...he had hoped they could fix that, mend their relationship, and whatnot.

Y/n sat at their desk, their pencil thumping rhythmically against the wooden table top. Their finger traced the words on the notebook. They had been working on finding whatever information they could about different types of ghosts.

Poltergeist seemed too aggressive, Izuku wasn't looking for vengeance, and he just seemed to be himself at the moment... Maybe he could be normal?

Y/n sat the pencil down and turned to their laptop. They started clicking keys and looking for whatever they could on ghost quirks. Apparently, there had been a case where a boy had this ghost quirk, and he was still able to attend school, and he even got a normal job at some corporation. Y/n dug deeper and found out this person was still alive and only lived a few hours away from their town.

Y/n glanced to clock, which read 3:36 a.m. The teen groaned as they stood up, stretching their legs before they plopped on their bed. After all this time, maybe just maybe they'd be able to live normally again.