♡ Chapter 2 ♡

Next day... Rosé woke up to the bright sun, the light yellow sun rays made their way into her room from the wide window. Rosé got out of bed and strolled into her bathroom to get dressed up for college.

She was excited as it's her first day after spring break. She put on light makeup and wore a pretty outfit with some jewelry.

She got to her front door and saw Jennie waiting for her in front of her house

"Hop on," Jennie said.

"Thanks for the ride, hon" Rosé smiled and got into the car. "Looking good!", she complimented 

"Thanks, you too", Jennie beamed at her. "Gotta look good to get those boys"

They both snickered.

They reached college and both of them stepped out of the car and marched into the campus. On their way to class, they encountered a group of friends in the hallway.

 "Morning" a raspy voice greeted. 

"Hey Mark", said Rosé.

"You look good today" Mark smiled.

"Thanks. What's your first period?"

"English, U?"

"Me too", Rosé smiled unconsciously. Realizing she was smiling, she instantly stopped and said, "Well, see you there then" 

"Sure" Mark waved and went back to talking to his friends.

She hit her head thinking why she smiled so much.

While Mark and Rosé were chatting, Jennie met one of Mark's close friends, Jaeboem.

"Hey, Jennie" Jaeboem called her.

"Oh, hi Jaeboem," Jennie said, something in what he said made her heart flutter.

"Watsup?" Jaeboem asked. "It's been quite some time since we talked"

"Nothing much, yup, we should talk more often"

"Of course," Jaeboem said and gently patted her head making her blush as he walked past her, following Mark.

Rosé who slightly heard a part of the conversation smirked and teased Jennie as she was trying to cover her red cheeks.

They both entered their English class and sat down on one of the benches. As Rosé was opening her books, Mark and his friends entered the classroom. Mark was looking around, perhaps he was looking for someone. He spotted someone and went walking near to the person and sat beside her. Yes, he sat beside Rosé. Rosé who noticed his actions glanced at him from time to time. But once, Rosé couldn't help but notice Mark's stare at her, so she looked at him. Then, right then, their eyes met. Mark's stare made Rosé have butterflies in her stomach but she didn't break the eye contact yet. Mark's heart skipped a beat as he looked into Rosé's dreamy eyes. He looked into her light brown orbs and those perfectly sculpted eyes. He felt like he was in love for the first time. Rosé who was also lost in Mark's eyes came back to reality and abruptly broke eye contact. She turned her head and looked down into her book acting as if nothing ever happened. Mark who also then came to reality saw Rosé acting awkwardly and observed her, a dainty smile grew on his face but his heart was still beating faster than ever.

Mark was never in love before. He kissed a few girls but never dated them. He never felt the same way he felt whenever he was around Rosé.

After their English class, Rosé and Jennie walked out of the class together to grab some snacks at the cafeteria. On the way, they came across a guy.

"Hey," he said.

"Hi, Jungkook," says Rosé, it's mostly as if she was forcing a smile on her face.

"We're heading to the cafeteria, bye" Jennie interrupted making Jungkook perplexed.

"Sure. No problem. Bye," he said.

As they were going down the stairs, Jennie glanced at Rosé, checking if she is fine. Rosé who noticed her actions said, "Jennie, I don't like him anymore and I hardly even care about him. So, don't worry, even if I meet him, it doesn't matter to me anymore. He doesn't mean anything to me."

"Sure, Rosé," Jennie said caressing her head.

Jungkook was Rosé's crush for the past 3 years. They were friends but Rosé never told him how she felt before. As time passed by, Rosé felt like she couldn't handle it anymore, mostly because Jungkook's actions already gave her the answer but she kept on hoping. But once she told him, he rejected her with an unsure answer, saying he didn't want any relationship as he wanted to focus on his studies and when Rosé asked him to answer if he's interested in her or not, he replied that he doesn't want to think about that as he only wants to focus on studies. Jungkook's confusing and incomplete answer not only made Rosé mad but also made her think she had a chance with him in the future. That time, she blindly believed him thinking he was saying the truth, but she, later on, found out from a close friend, who was also Jungkook's best friend, that he lied to her and that Jungkook didn't care about Rosé at all. Rosé didn't want to believe him but another close friend of both her and Jungkook told Rosé that he said the same thing to her. When she found out, she was heartbroken, she didn't know what the truth was anymore. Jungkook doesn't know that Rosé knows about this and Rosé never told him that she knows the truth. However, now Rosé is completely over Jungkook which she is happy about.

                               --------------------------

It was almost 4 o'clock when Mark reached home. He parked his car in the garage with many other cars in it, luxury cars, and stepped into his enormous house. Mark Tuan's family was very rich. His dad was a successful businessman and Mark got everything he wanted ever since he was a kid. This made everyone get the thought of him having the perfect, worry-free life. But, unfortunately, that wasn't true. Not even a bit. 

When Mark was in 3rd grade, his mother died due to a heart attack. A few months after his mom's death his father got married again and he barely cared about Mark. He cared about his new wife and his new kids. Yes, he gave him the stuff he wanted but as time passed by Mark realized that he didn't want all those games and other things anymore. He wanted attention, love which he thrived to get but no one ever cared about him. He hated his stepmother because he knew she was just using his dad for money; he could barely get along with his step-brothers who were in high school. He missed his mom so much that he couldn't even put it in words. However, he still had to live with them. He didn't have any money and his father didn't like the idea of him living apart from the family.

Now, Mark was at the dining table having dinner with them. It was the part of the day he hated the most. His brothers were always complaining about what they want and sometimes they bring their girlfriends over, his stepmom always acts as she cares about Mark, and his dad always talked about his grades and never cared about anything else. The only thing he talked to Mark was always related to his grades. Sometimes, he scolds him for getting bad grades. Despite so much happening, Mark never showed it nor shared it with anyone. 

However, sometimes he hoped he had someone with whom he could freely share his emotions but he didn't have anyone. Yes, he had friends but not the kind of friends who share their feelings. Sometimes, when he thought about a person who would understand his emotions and has a character similar to his mom, he thought of Rosé and a wide smile grew on his face making him forget about all his struggles. 

                                  ------------------------------------------

Thank you for reading! Comment with your opinions! 

                                                       ✐10/23/21