9 - misunderstandings

hey guys! not often that I make the author's note in the beginning- I've actually never done this lol

I'm not in a great mood so if this chapter seems rushed, I'm sorry. I will go back and fix it when I'm feeling better. 

enjoy the chapter! 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mina POV:

I walk into class a few minutes before it starts and I notice 4 people. There's Iida which- obviously he's here he's Iida, there's Momo which also makes sense because she's Momo, there's Deku and I'm guessing he ran into Iida on accident and that's why he's here and then there's Y/n which doesn't make sense. 

She's sitting at her desk with headphones on and she's doing that pen spin thing. I never understood how someone does that. The pen thing I mean. It just looks like it's flying through her fingers. I watch her for a few seconds as she continues to be oblivious to all her surroundings before Momo calls me over and starts talking to me. 

I'll be honest, I wasn't paying attention

I'll be honest, I wasn't paying attention. I stared at Y/n for the full 6 minutes before class and then Aizawa yelled at me for not being in my seat. She still didn't look up then either. I bet that we could have a whole villain attack and she would still be sitting there. Not even lifting her head. I get stuck in a trance of staring at her until I hear Denki tap his pen on my table.

"psst, Mina" I turn my head to him. "whatcha lookin at" he smiles and I roll my eyes.

"isn't it obvious? Y/n" I hear Kirishima whisper and sero tries to hold back a laugh. I glare at them and break Denki's pen with my acid.

"Hello everyone." "Hello Mr. Aizawa.." the caterpillar-like teacher scans the room and his eyes land on Y/n. "Y/n could you come to the front of the class and share whatever you're doing that's distracting you from paying attention?" he asks her. I look at her nervously as she doesn't even move a muscle besides her hand, which is still drawing this unknown thing.

"Y/n." still no response. She just keeps nodding her head to her music and draws.

"Y/N." he half shouts as his scarf grabs her waist and holds her in the air. She finally looks up and slides her headphones down to her neck, her face tinting pink.

"yes Mr. Aizawa?" she asks quietly and he glares at her. his scarf takes off her headphones.

"I'm confiscating these until the end of the day," he says with a yawn.

"But sir-" "no y/n I already know you don't have any sort of illness that makes you need these headphones." he puts her next to her desk "now sit down and put away the drawing." she sighs and does as he says.

Mina catches a glimpse of the drawing and frowns when she sees a sketch of a certain green-haired mess. She turns her head quickly to Aizawa when Y/n looks up at her. She can feel Y/n stare at her for a few seconds before looking at the teacher. 

"Sorry Mr. Aizawa.." she mumbles.

"It's alright Y/n because you've just volunteered to be our example." I (as in Mina) look over to Y/n as she smiles nervously.

"hah- uhm what ?" 

"We're going to do a poetry presentation and you're going first." 

"WHAT SIR I DON'T KNOW HOW TO POETRY"

"you have the confusing part of it down. now just write a poem. we're waiting." She grunts and takes out a paper, rapidly tapping her pencil on the table. 

A good 30 minutes later, half the class is asleep and the other half are doing schoolwork or reading. They all turn around or wake up when they hear a loud scrape of a chair. I turn and see Y/n standing, slightly shaking as she walks to the front of the class. I hear Bakugo snicker and I turn to glare at him.

"Have you finally finished your poem?" Aizawa asks calmly. She nods nervously. "Go ahead then. Read it out." she clears her throat and starts reading.

"I walk up and down

Smile and frown

But who will drown

When the world turns around?

I walk up and down 

In a purple gown

I lost my crown

In an abandoned old town

I walk up and down

This abandoned old town

I've found my crown

Yet I still drown?

I walk up and down

No smile but frown

As the world turns around

I'm the one who drowns." 

Silence. Everyone stares at her as she sniffs a bit then puts the paper on Aizawa's desk and goes back to her seat. Aizawa starts to slowly clap. "That was perfect. thank you Y/n." I turn to Y/n and she looks like she's about to break down and she looks relieved at the same time. "You can go to your class with Rosali now."

We all stand up and go to the lockers to get changed. 

No POV:

As they walk to the lockers Sero puts his arm around Y/n's shoulders. "you okay?" She just nods back and keeps walking. Mina watches Sero and Y/n walk feeling a twinge of jealousy. As they get to the locker rooms, the pair splits and go to their respective changing areas. Y/n changes in a stall as per usual as she hears clothes rustling and the boys screeching. 

TO

BE 

CONTINUED

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

sorry for the super duper late update. I've been very busy recently and unmotivated. have fun with my terrible writing

love yall <3

word count: 925 words